Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Random super high fever

>

Zephie

Random super high fever
Old 11-17-2019, 03:22 PM

Three hours ago I had a 103 fever and super raw throat. I thought I was going to take myself to the ER/quick care for medical treatment. I was dozing in and out of sleep and having those horrible fever dreams. Then I got up, took a bath and now my temp is completely normal and my sore throat is gone. I have very little voice, but I feel perfectly normal.

Why Iím the world would my body do something like that?

Iím planning on calling in sick tomorrow because that was really weird, but I feel fine now.

Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

fever
Old 11-17-2019, 04:36 PM

Fever is a signal to the body to fight off viral or bacterial infection. It is good to let fevers do their job. Sounds like your nap and fever rallied the immune system to kill those bugs. Taking a day after fever is wise as your immune defenses are low. . Rest and drink liquids.
mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote

Zephie

Old 11-17-2019, 04:47 PM

It was so weird. I know the mechanics of the how and why of fevers and I tend to treat them only if Iím unable to rest. I forced myself to drink lots of water today while I was feeling bad. I can down some serious amounts of Crystal Lite mixes when Iím feeling bad. For some reason I canít do plain water when Iím sick.

Iíve had no appetite for over 24 hours and itís back with a vengeance now. I ordered me some food for delivery (yay for GrubHub!) and plan to rest a bit more tonight. Iím tired, but itís that kind of tired that lets me know Iíll get some good sleep tonight.
Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherPK6

Old 11-17-2019, 07:19 PM

That is really strange! I'm glad that it seems to be short lived though, but agree that it's a good idea to take tomorrow to let your body fully recover. I hope you're feeling your best soon!
TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 11-17-2019, 07:31 PM

I am glad you are taking tomorrow off to get some rest. Drink lots of liquids. If you start running a fever again I would call the doctor so you can't make sure its not something that requires antibiotics.

One Thanksgiving Eve I starting running a fever which got up over 102. I had no other symptoms. Took some Aleve, went to bed and the next day I was fine. Weird!

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote

PEPteach

Old 11-17-2019, 07:55 PM

That does seem odd. Hopefully you won't have any symptoms tomorrow and can enjoy a free day!
PEPteach is offline   Reply With Quote

LazyLake

Old 11-18-2019, 05:13 AM

That is strange. I bet you were uncomfortable with that 103į fever! Maybe your body was good at fighting it off? I hope it doesn't come back,and I hope you feel better today.
LazyLake is offline   Reply With Quote