Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I wish I would have gotten pictures of yesterday

>

Zephie

I wish I would have gotten pictures of yesterday
Old 12-08-2019, 07:17 AM

Yesterday afternoon I went to a dear friend’s house to hang out. Her daughter and granddaughters live with her. When I got there the girls (the “Tweedles” as she calls them) we’re taking a nap. While they slept we made plans that were cleared with the Tweedles’ mom to take them to. Local church for a Christmas festival thing with a makers market, bounce houses, food trucks, and fireworks. The church is on the grounds of an old local amusement park so there is tons of space on their campus.

We didn’t tell the girls where we were going, but loaded them in the car and took them. It was just magical. They loved the fake snow at the entrance and the bouncy houses near the back. They got a gigantic cotton candy and nachos that the four of us shared for dinner. We divided and conquered to go to the makers mart with one of us each taking a kid. I had the seven year old and she was so excited to pick out a “just because” gift for her sister and mom. She also helped me pick out a gift for her babysitter that I’m good friends with. (I bought 3 bath bombs for her to take home with her as a surprise for them. You would have thought that $10 had bought her a bag of gold.)

Afterwards we went to a local church for their Christmas night market. They had so much fun exploring, talking with Santa, and watching a movie while the adults shopped. There were lots of kid appropriate things they could do while supervised. The market was set up in their church school gym with the movie in one corner so you could see them from anywhere. The last thing they did was have their faces painted by a sweet guy who used to help with the children at my support group. It was paint and sparkles everywhere. They were both so excited and we were worried they would rub it all off before they got home for their mom to see the amazing paintings. The five year old thought they were going to get rid of her face and paint a new one one. Boy was she excited when she saw her glittery candy canes on her “real face.”

Last edited by Zephie; 12-08-2019 at 10:28 AM..
Zephie is offline   Reply With Quote

MissTrace

Old 12-08-2019, 10:45 AM

What a fun day! This time of year I wish we lived closer to our nieces and nephew so we could do stuff like this with them.
MissTrace is offline   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 12-08-2019, 04:10 PM

That sounds like so much fun. It is something I would have done with my niece and her friend when they were young. I'm glad the girls had an exciting time.
klarabelle is offline   Reply With Quote

crazy4catz

Old 12-08-2019, 08:40 PM

That sounds like a great day!
crazy4catz is offline   Reply With Quote

BioAdoptMom3

Old 12-10-2019, 05:35 PM

What a FUN and EXCITING surprise for the girls! It sounds like a wonderful day for everyone!

Nancy

BioAdoptMom3 is offline   Reply With Quote