Help

BusyBoard

Best classroom managment tips

>

sunsets11

Best classroom managment tips
Old 08-21-2014, 09:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I know we post these every once in a while - but I need them now!

Just heard that we are nearing 30 kids per class this year in fifth... if that's the case, it will be my biggest class ever...

I have my kids put numbers on the upper right corner of every paper they do. It helps in my gradebook, figuring out who handed things in, and even fire drills.

TIA

sunsets11 is offline   Reply With Quote

grammam

Old 08-21-2014, 02:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I had 30 5th graders last year. I also use numbers to keep track. When I have desks in groups, I put a different color dot sticker on the right hand corner of their desks. I will then say "Yellow dots collect the papers" or "blue dots get the materials".
I also put an "A" or a "B" on each dot. Then when it's time to talk to your partner, I say, "A's tell B's what the setting is...B's tell A's the directions for the assignment" or something like that. Obviously, if someone is absent, I pair up the odd-ones out or work in 3's.
With 30, I had to have 6 per group in reading, in order to get to each group each week.
I'm not sure if these are the kinds of things you were looking for, but I hope it helps
grammam is offline   Reply With Quote