Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

1st Valentine's day with SO

>

sunsets11

1st Valentine's day with SO
Old 02-08-2014, 04:47 AM

and he's big on traditions. So, I want to make sure that we have something that can be repeated, and something a little out of the ordinary.

He works later hours (than me) and I probably won't see him till about 7 or 8 that night (he does go in much later than a teacher!)

I don't want the focus to be dinner as we eat out often enough and we are both currently into cooking new things (and cookbooks were received at Christmas and we've been putting them to good use).

I found a "brown paper package, tied up with string" "filled with a few of your favorite things" on pinterest, and might do that as a gift - but I'd like a tradition that could continue.

Any ideas?

sunsets11 is offline   Reply With Quote

KatieViolet

Old 02-08-2014, 06:19 AM

The Dating Divas have tons of original ideas for dates out or staying in. Plus lots of cute printables. You'll have to google their site because I can't remember it exactly but I've used several of their "homemade" movie night dates.
KatieViolet is offline   Reply With Quote

annalilbit

Old 02-08-2014, 12:09 PM

I will admit, it took a few seconds for the brown paper package tied up with string" to register. BUT, I think that would be a wonderful tradition to keep through the years. As the years go on, a few of your favorite things may change and others will possibly stay the same. I think that would be interesting to see how you/r SO notices how you are growing and changing. You each must do it though.
annalilbit is offline   Reply With Quote

love_to_learn

Old 02-08-2014, 12:29 PM

Our tradition is making each other homemade treats and drinks. We surprise each other with different ones each year. This year I am making him red velvet cake balls with and Oreo cookie truffle center. I am also making him a drink where you blend cherries and syrup in a blender and then mix whiskey and coke . Then you pour it all over crushed ice.

We do this every year. It's a fun tradition.
love_to_learn is offline   Reply With Quote