Intermediate Grades (3-5)

Fantastic Postcard Exchange - 2013-2014

>

Closed Thread

kugelmom

Fantastic Postcard Exchange - 2013-2014
Old 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Are you looking for a great postcard exchange? We have one, and just need a few new teachers to join us. We take all grade levels K-5 for our Postcard Exchange. I provide labels of all the addresses for free. Please email me if you teach in these states only:

Need Alabama, Arizona, Maine, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Dakota, South Carolina, Washington, D.C. Vermont, Utah

You really will get a huge response, because the majority of the teachers in our group have participated year after year, so we can count on them.

Here is some info:
We are in our 13th year of our 50-State Postcard Exchange! I include one teacher for each state. We have had an excellent response rate with the prior postcard exchanges we have had. We only have a few states available, due to some teachers dropping out. If you donít see your state listed here, then it is not available. If you want to join, and you teach at one of the states listed above, please email me.

What's great about this exchange is that the teachers are all positive and involved in this project, so the odds are extremely high that you will receive 50 postcards in late October - one from each state, plus one from Washington, D.C., and Canada too.

Besides having this be a great Social Studies project, you can make it a Language Arts project too. The students can write a short note about their state. The teachers use a store-bought card representative of their state. Some students write their own note about their state on the back of the postcard, and some teachers copy and glue a message for each card. Whatever you want to do is up to you! Our postcard exchange includes teachers from K-5th grade levels.

Once you are in our exchange, I can email you everyone's address so your students can address the postcards, or if you prefer, I will mail labels of the mailing addresses for the other teachers involved - no cost to you! All you have to do is have your students bring in commercially-made postcards from your state and mail one postcard to each teacher in our exchange.

We will all mail the postcards out in late October, and in a few weeks after that you will receive a postcard from each of the 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Canada.

I hope you can join us!

Francie
5th Grade in Los Angeles

Luv2BTeaching

Interested in joining from New Jersey!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Please send an e-mail to DLP1122@aol.com and I'll reply with my school address.
Thanks!
Donna

zdebgo

Minnesota
Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I am interested. I have sent you a pm with my school email.
zdebgo

susuford

Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am in Arizona and am interested. I teach 5th grade.

Susan

HolawayCoyote

Tucson Arizona Interested in Joining
Old 07-04-2013, 10:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Second Grade....Would love to join!

bamateach

Postcard exchange
Old 08-18-2013, 09:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I am so thankful to have seen this and hope that you have not found someone to represent Alabama yet!! I have done this in the past and am very excited to start it back. Please PM me.