Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

Okay~Y'all are going to laugh at me!

>

Bethany

Okay~Y'all are going to laugh at me!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

If you hate teen-type drama, click out of this post because it is sooooo that!

Anyway, you all know how I am a huge Britney fan. Yes, I know, I'm 29, fixing to be 30, and am obsessed! Anyway, I am a member of the Yahoo Freecycle group in my area, and a girl on Friday posted that she wanted to give her VIP tickets away to Britney's dress rehearsal for her concert that is tomorrow in New Orleans because her grandmother is deathly ill and can't attend. She had won them from Verizon or something. So, of course, I jump on and reply to her that I will PAY her to get those tickets. I mean, up close and personal is an obsesser's biggest dream! So, she replies back that she had tried selling to no avail and that she wants $500 for them. Ummm, no thanks, I said, so I told her I would pay her $200, but she said that she was going to try to sell them for the price that she gave, and that was that. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and so did my friend/co-worker, who is also a huge Britney fan. But, I did have my DH (yeah, I'm chicken) call her and verify that this was legit, which it was.

So, after several e-mails back and forth, I call her this morning and ask if she had gotten rid of the tickets. She said that she had called the people who are in charge of the VIP tickets and they said that the they are not transferrable to others and that there is a guest list and not even tickets, so it would have to be her and a guest. So, I get totally bummed and tell her thanks and goodbye. But, my friend/co-worker doesn't want to give up, so she calls back later in the day and says how heartbroken I was (I was, but not as much as she played it up to be!) and that my birthday is this week (well, actually next Monday) and that I really wanted to see her. So, somehow she talks her into meeting us at the arena TONIGHT to see if there is a way of convincing them to let us through. I can't believe she is going to do that for us! I know that it is a very far-off chance, but I would kick myself every day if I didn't at least try to go see her (and maybe meet her!).

So, I am leaving in about 30 minutes to see about getting in. If it works, GREAT, but if it doesn't, at least we tried. I know I have absolutely no life and I deserve to be laughed at, but please send positive vibes (I won't ask for prayers, because this is so nontrivial compared to so many others' problems) and I will let you know tomorrow if I got to meet her.

If you read all of this, thanks for staying with me! I just had to get this out somewhere, and I have already bugged my DH and several of my friends several times today about this. I am just so anxious to see if I get to get in. Oh, and it starts at 9:00 tonight, so I will be nice and happy tomorrow morning when I go to work.

~~~~Positive vibes!!!~~~~

bethygurl8

britney
Old 03-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

well, you're right that I think you're a little nuts, but I hope you get in!!! Let us know!!!

Teach'n'Learn

Old 03-02-2009, 04:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I won't laugh at you; I'm sure I have laughable obsessions.

I'm just curious why she posted on FREEcycle if she wanted to sell? On our freecycle that's a BIG no-no and gets you kicked off the list.

Good luck!

summertime

Good luck Bethany!
Old 03-02-2009, 04:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hope it works!!!

linny22

Old 03-02-2009, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Good luck! I hope you get in.

sambrolaw

Old 03-02-2009, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I was thinking the same thing as Teach'n'Learn. Strange

Anyway I hope it all works out for you!

Bethany

Teach'n'Learn...
Old 03-02-2009, 04:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

She didn't want to sell...she said that she would give them away. She said that she was going to get everyone interested's e-mail address and then she will randomly pick someone to get them. I mean, she might have posted saying that, thinking there are crazies out there like me who will reply saying they will buy them from her, but she never said anything about selling in her initial e-mail. It was only when I replied to her that she replied back saying she was trying to sell them, but hasn't had any people interested.

Hope that clarifies that...our freecycle has a big no-no policy about that, too.

bethygurl8

well...
Old 03-02-2009, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

... are you going to report her? did you get in???

Miller

Old 03-02-2009, 04:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'm jealous. I wanted to go to opening night but I wasn't going to pay the $#$. I guess I can't be that jealous if I wasn't going to pay.

teacher4

Story
Old 03-02-2009, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

It is confusing but I hope you have fun.

dreidteacher

Old 03-02-2009, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I hope Bethany got in!