Help

School Mental Health

Mindfulness Checklist

>

Wordsunspoken

Mindfulness Checklist
Old 03-01-2020, 11:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

My checklist focuses on being “mindful” of everything you do, when you do, why you do it, and how you do it. Teaching is my passion, part of my purpose for life. However, if I let it consume me like a job, I am not fulfilling my passion. Thus, teach with purpose, with meaning, for yourself and others. Be mindful of your “teacher work” and what comes after.

1. Be mindful of the time: Spend your work hours being as purposeful as your heart and mind can handle. As my position focuses on supporting student’s mental health challenges, I am able to step away from the academic curriculum to support their social-emotional needs. I step back to look at the bigger picture and ask myself what matters. I then try to accomplish that within the time I am at work. I am not saying I do not think about my students or do things to support their plans after 2:30pm, but I try to make the most of my work hours so I can enjoy the time after.

2. Be mindful of positive energy: During work and after work. Be the positive energy others want to be around. Surround yourself with positive energy. Laugh when times are hard. Release your tension. Family and friends who are family is everything.

3. Be mindful of your heart: Being a teacher can come with many stresses and challenges. Just remember, you are doing the best you can, and unfortunately, even when you give your best, you cannot help every child the way you want to. Do not let challenges dwell in your heart. Connect with your feelings. Assess them and turn your red thoughts into green thoughts. Take care of yourself. Do things that make your heart happy. Spend time with those that make your heart happy. Take part in social activities.

4. Be mindful of your health: Health is wealth, physical and mental. Put your pen or computer down and take time to eat your healthy snacks and lunch throughout the day. Drink your water. Manage your marking or support planning in a way that you are able to go to the gym after work or take part in an evening walk. Listen to your body when it is telling you it needs a break. Sleep well.

5. Be mindful of your goals: Be aware of the path you are on and how to reach the different milestones along that path. Organize your thoughts and reflect on what you want to achieve, how, and why. Be accepting of obstacles and work through a plan to overcome them. Get knocked down 9 times, get up at 10.

Wordsunspoken is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 05-09-2020, 02:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That is a lovely list! Thanks for sharing it
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sweetsunset

Old 05-20-2020, 12:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

This is beautifully written. It inspired me to do some reflection. I'm happy I ran into this. If you don't mind, I will make a copy and keep it by my desk ( credit to Wordsunspoken)

Thank you
Sweetsunset is offline   Reply With Quote