Help

The Job Search

Pool

>

2000Aggie

Pool
Old 07-06-2020, 10:28 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I’ve been researching jobs in my area, and I came across several indicating that they were accepting applications for a “pool”. They don’t mention grade levels or whether they were ESL or Sped. My question is why “pool”? Do they anticipate many vacancies, but don’t know which teachers yet? Do they anticipate moving staff around and if hired just place new teacher in vacant slot?

2000Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 07-06-2020, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Usually, a pool is just a way for them to have a list of people they can look to if there is an emergency vacancy. They gather from all sorts of areas and they'll likely do a search to find an appropriate match or two form the pool if something comes open unexpectedly. However, if there is enough time (i.e., not a complete emergency), they might just open a whole new search and might not look to the pool at all.

It's not bad to be in a pool, but I wouldn't count on a job coming from there.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

jov

Old 07-08-2020, 05:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The district I retired from uses a pool. As resumes come in, HR vets them, checks references, licenses, transcripts, etc. If they pass that review, they go in the pool. When a principal has an opening, they use the pool to choose candidates to interview.

Don't give up! I've got a feeling a lot of teachers may be retiring this year, depending on what's happening in their schools.
jov is offline   Reply With Quote