Help

Special Education

Special Education, 1:1 tech, and CBE

>

Geoff

Special Education, 1:1 tech, and CBE
Old 07-28-2020, 08:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all! This is my first post in this forum. I am here because my district is making several large-scale changes simultaneously. We have adopted Leader-in-Me as our social/emotional learning framework; a competency-based education (CBE) scope and sequence; 1:1 technology; and we purchased Schoology as our learning management system.

Now, a little about me: I am a resource special education teacher for 3-5 graders with learning and emotional disabilities. My district traditionally provides special education services at the elementary level via a pull-out model. With all of the district's changes, this feels like the prime time to change our delivery model to allow the kids with IEPs more time in the regular education environment. But, change to what? And how? I need to visualize and end before I begin the process of re-thinking my (and our) service delivery model. I don't want to continue doing what we are doing.

I am in need of ideas. How do you arrange special education programming in a 1:1, CBE school, with the goal of limiting pull-out instruction?

Thanks! And I look forward to responses.

Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote