The Job Search

not one interview

>

nt1

nt1

not one interview
Old 08-10-2020, 03:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I can't believe I can't even get one interview. I don't know why i'm posting this other than the fact that I am feeling sorry for myself and for some reason it makes me feel slightly better to say it out loud. I've applied for every position I am qualified for but I don't think they have even been opened. I thought there would start to be more openings with teachers not wanting to be in the classroom but nope, barely any jobs at all. I feel good about my resume/cover letter so I don't think that's the problem. I just can't seem to have any luck. Reaching out to principals has helped either. I work at a private school and will have a full class all day/5 days a week so I am desperate to get a public school job so I can at least feel safer. I just can't believe that I won't get even one interview all summer.

Tuxedocat

Me either
Old 08-11-2020, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

And school starts tomorrow. I'm really sorry. I think I'm just officially done. I got a temp job at a local psychologist office and it's so much less stressful. I'm so tired of begging for jobs and hoping someone will notice me, etc.
Tuxedocat is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 08-11-2020, 09:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Most teachers I know only retired if they were one or two years away from their original retirement age anyway. My state barely hired. I also checked CA and they were really not hiring in my license area either. It was just a rough job market.
Fractured is offline   Reply With Quote

twin2

Me either
Old 08-14-2020, 04:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Not one interview for me either. I thought about trying for jobs outside of the school system but with Covid but jobs are hard to come by period. I am a para and have good benefits. Working for the school system didn't get me a teaching job yet but at least I have benefits. I don't know what to do but I've been crying for days.
twin2 is online now   Reply With Quote

mrteacherguy

There aren't really any positions
Old 08-17-2020, 05:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I'm not even to the point of interviewing yet, but my family has been looking to move near Columbus, OH, and there is almost nothing out there.

As another person said, I kept hearing about all of these teachers that are quitting or retiring, but I'm starting to think those reports were greatly exaggerated. This is doubly disappointing, because recent changes mean that I either need to find a new job soon or we're risking bankruptcy.

mrteacherguy is offline   Reply With Quote

hebronharvest

Old 08-18-2020, 09:47 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I think they're just rumors.

I had more interviews this year than last and still can't land a job. Teachers aren't just leaving. They may complain but they're keeping their jobs.
hebronharvest is offline   Reply With Quote