Help

The Job Search

Never found a job

>

Tuxedocat

Never found a job
Old 09-08-2020, 09:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We're entering the 4th week of school and I never found a job. Never even got an interview. I found a little part time job at a psychologist office. I don't think I'm going back to teaching. I'm a darn good teacher, if I do say so myself, but I simply cannot get in in this district.

Has anyone else left the profession for this (or another) reason?

Tuxedocat is offline   Reply With Quote

hebronharvest

Old 09-08-2020, 01:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I got a long-term sub position this year after being hired full-time in a school last December and being laid off in June.

I had around 17 interviews and was offered a couple more interviews but was only given one full-time position, which was out of my range in distance and far less pay (I didn't take it).

If I were you, take the part-time job but keep looking and don't give up. I personally won't rest for subbing unless it's a long-term job in my field. The only reason I took this one is that I like the school and have a history there. Come November, I will be job searching again.

I'm already planning plan B but have no intentions of stopping my search for plan A. Like you, I'm a damn good teacher. It's a shame.
hebronharvest is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 09-08-2020, 03:47 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is really frustrating. It's really hard to get into certain districts while other districts are desperate for teachers. There is so much that is unfair in the world and in teaching in particular. I hope you enjoy your current job and find your bliss- in the classroom or outside of it. I am no longer a classroom teacher, for other reasons.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 09-10-2020, 08:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Are there any other districts within reasonable driving distance that you could apply to? Private, independent, or charter schools? Is relocation possible for you? I agree that if you really want to teach, you should not give up.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote