Help

Special Education

Annual review times

>

GreyhoundGirl

Annual review times
Old 09-24-2020, 10:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

How long do you schedule annual reviews for? My last district scheduled them for 30 minutes and that was perfect, especially if there weren't a ton of related services. When I moved districts last year I continued to schedule for 30 minutes and no one said anything.

I just got my hand slapped because apparently they should be scheduled for an hour.

So, I'm wondering how long you allow for AR's.

P.S. I'm tired of getting my hand slapped this week.

GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

readandweep

Annuals
Old 09-24-2020, 12:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Our annuals are scheduled for 45 minutes and re-evals are 60 minutes.

But we have case managers who determine length and set up the times for annuals and re-evals.

Some schedule all students at the start of the year, some make the teachers fill in their case load on a given schedule grid.
readandweep is offline   Reply With Quote

heatherk

Depends
Old 09-24-2020, 02:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Teachers schedule meetings. Most are 45 minutes, but we schedule more individually based on factors like:
1. Are we making big changes?
2. Is there any additional paperwork to be completed?
3. Are there lots of related services?
4. Are the parents talkers?

I encourage teachers to schedule how much time we may actually need. I did two meetings today. One was almost 50 minutes and one was 22 minutes.
heatherk is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 09-24-2020, 02:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We schedule 60 minutes for annuals and 90 minutes for reevals. Very rarely would an annual actually take 60 minutes. However, many times, despite one million reminders, we're all there to start the meeting and there is no parent in sight. We usually give them about 8-10 minutes. Then I call and pretend they must be on their way to the meeting and ask when we can expect them . Parent responds that they forgot and they'll be there in x minutes. Then we still have time to finish the meeting.

I'd rather have the time available then schedule too little and run out of time. In my state sped teachers are case managers and also do formal testing/evals. We're in charge of everything, basically. I'd love a set up like readandweep's!
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

WalkDontRun

Old 09-24-2020, 04:44 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Iím recently retired but in the past we didnít schedule meetings for a specific length of time. Most meeting were held at 8:00 or 3:00. I tried to schedule those that I knew would be straightforward for 8:00 which would give us 45 minutes if needed and 3:00 for meetings we knew may go longer ( always exceptions though based on parent availability). As we know there are always unknowns and sometimes an 8:00 meeting would go longer and I would either cancel my first group or reschedule another meeting. Occasionally if things became problematic in a morning meeting my principal would find someone to pickup the classroom teachers class so we could continue the meeting. It was wonderful working with a flexible group.

WalkDontRun is offline   Reply With Quote

TAOEP

Old 09-26-2020, 08:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My district generally has scheduled annual reviews for one period of the school day which is generally about 50 minutes.
TAOEP is offline   Reply With Quote