Help

Special Education

IEP paperwork

>

GreyhoundGirl

IEP paperwork
Old 10-02-2020, 10:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So, as you all know I started in this district in January. I had a different Sped coordinator last year and I think I heard from her once about incorrect paperwork. I was all good. I got my paperwork done, I saw kids, I played nicely with adults. Life was good.

This year, my new coordinator is emailing me multiple times a day about issues with my paperwork. AND, she's not telling me what I'm doing wrong. She's playing, "Guess the mistake". I not happy. If I made a mistake, tell me what it is. For example, she told me I missed people on an invite. Dude, there are more than 10 people coming to the is meeting, tell me who I missed. Today, she asked how I printed a draft copy. The same way I always have. So she's says there's a certain way to print it for parents, BUT SHE DOESN'T tell me how. If I did it wrong, tell me the right way.

Now I'm just responding with "what did I do wrong?". I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I'm willing to fix my mistakes, but I need to know what they are.

GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 10-02-2020, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Yeah, that's just dumb and I'd be really annoyed. At least it's Friday!
pdxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

elspeech

Old 10-02-2020, 11:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

That is just rude. How can you fix your mistakes and learn from them if you have to guess what they are? It's like handing a student's paper back and telling them they need to fix the 3 math problems they got wrong, but you're not going to tell them which ones.

Presumably she was a teacher at one point and should know that for people to learn from their mistakes is to first know what those mistakes are.
elspeech is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 10-02-2020, 03:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Yikes, that's super annoying. And I bet district admin would chastise teachers for not giving specific feedback if they observed that .

No one ever reads paperwork in my district. On the one hand, I'm glad I never have to deal with "corrections." On the other hand, it annoys me that my perfectionist side won't let me do anything else than what I consider a really good, detailed IEP even though literally no one is ever going to look at it.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote