Help

Special Education

progress reports?

>

readandweep

progress reports?
Old 10-25-2020, 01:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I believe they are called different things in different districts, but are any other districts have special ed teachers do their quarterly/trimester report on progress of IEP goals?

Are the hard copies being mailed or is it electronic?

Are you reporting on the actual IEP goals or the goals on the remote/distance learning plans?

readandweep is online now   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 10-25-2020, 02:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Doesn't everyone do them since they're a required part of the IEP?

We're 100% virtual, but we aren't doing the remote plans that we did last spring - we are teaching to the IEP and will report on those goals. There are some (personal hygiene, school-related behaviors, etc) that are "on hold" until we return to the school setting. We're emailing the notes unless a parent doesn't have email or requests a hard copy.
pdxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

readandweep

remote plans
Old 10-25-2020, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

We had to write new remote learning plans for the fall.
readandweep is online now   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 10-25-2020, 02:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We emailed ours last spring and for this quarter. We are in person, but were required to write remote learning plans for each IEP due to quarantines/in case we all go remote. Most of the goals are the same; some had to be tweaked if they were written based on certain behaviors in a classroom setting.

In the spring when we'd been remote for the entire quarter, it was really hard to do because I didn't have specific data for most of the goals. For example, I write a lot of goals based in DIBELS and since everything was asynchronous, I had no way to test kids. I tried putting the progress monitoring out as an assignment and having them read to me in flipgrid (or seesaw for the younger kids), but 95% didn't turn those in, even the kids who were otherwise participating.

As a team, we decided to put "progress made" for kids that actually participated in online learning, and then just write a little narrative about where the kid was, even though we didn't have an exact data point. i.e. instead of saying, "Johnny can read 32 words per minute," I'd say something like, "Johnny has been working hard on decoding closed syllable words, and has improved his ability to decode words with CVC, consonant blend, and consonant digraph patterns. Johnny's next step is to learn the silent e pattern." If they didn't participate in online learning, we just put in a prepared statement from the district stating that IEP services were offered but the child didn't participate.

Now, for periods of remote learning everything is synchronous so theoretically I would just test my kids like normal. That requires them to actually show up for remote learning, though. This year, 3 of the 4 gen ed classes I'm working with have been quarantined, and of those students less than half showed up for their remote sessions with me.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote