Going to online learning learning next week! I want to make the last week meaningful! - ProTeacher Community

Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

BusyBoard

Going to online learning learning next week! I want to make the last week meaningful!

>

BMc

Going to online learning learning next week! I want to make the last week meaningful!
Old 12-07-2020, 08:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are going to online learning next week, the last week before Christmas break. I want to make it meaningful and doable(independent for students if possible). I am thinking of combining my student gift with the last week activities. Ex. giving a hot chocolate package and having one day's theme all about hot chocolate. Winter solstice theme, with having the kids make a fort, read by flashlight and putting a glow stick in their gift bag. I'd love any ideas for the other days? Thank you in advance. This came up so quick!!

BMc is offline   Reply With Quote

tctrojan

Ideas
Old 12-08-2020, 12:46 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Could you put a pencil in the bag. They could use it to do a worksheet.

Bookmark

Balloon letters are one of our favorite inexpensive gifts ideas for students. Blow up the balloon, but donít tie it off. Write a personalized message to your student, then pop it in the mail. Kids blow it up when they receive it to read what youíve written! Learn more from A Mom, A Wife, and a Me.

A single bag of microwave popcorn makes for a fun family movie night gift. Dress it up as a snowman with this idea from Craft-O-Maniac. They could write a review of a movie, tv show, or book. See picture below.

https://www.weareteachers.com/18-hol...20More%20items

The above site had other cute ideas, but I could only attach one picture. The Snowman Soup idea is cute. The Rolo pencil is cute. It is not necessarily what you are looking for though. In
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
tctrojan is online now   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 12-08-2020, 06:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think your activities are fun. When I first read your title, though, I immediately thought about making sure that these students know how to interact in the remote setting. Do they know the platform they will use to get assignments and receive instruction? Will there be other sites (readworks, espark, iready) that they will use that maybe they haven't logged into or used much that you could do while you have them in person? Do they know how to take pictures of work and turn it in? What things do you need them to know for remote learning?
kahluablast is online now   Reply With Quote

BMc

Great suggestions! Thank you!
Old 12-08-2020, 04:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I love your ideas! Thank you for including pictures and links too. This will be very helpful in my planning.

BMc

Thanks Kahluablast
Old 12-08-2020, 04:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We have gone over the platform a few times and will do it again for sure this week. I am also making a cheat sheet for log ins and passwords to send home.
The most important thing they need to know for remote learning is how to mute themselves on our google meets!