Help

BusyBoard

Google Meet and Jamboard Feature

>

rosieteaches

Google Meet and Jamboard Feature
Old 12-17-2020, 04:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just noticed the whiteboard feature you can use with Google Meet. Always, trying something new using technology, causes me anxiety. Does anyone use the Whiteboard feature in their meets with students? If so, any tips or encouragement you can aim my way? Thank you.

rosieteaches is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Not Live
Old 12-17-2020, 04:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I've never used the Jamboard live, but I have used it in pre-recorded videos. I would suggest not using for very involved math, as I personally feel it can get cumbersome and the space isn't too big.
Teacherbee_4 is offline   Reply With Quote

owl98

Old 12-17-2020, 04:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I use it. One way I have been using it for math routines specifically. The part I really do not like is that jam board only supports 20 slides. I have 27 students. I pre-populate the names and split slides in half for students that I know can handle it. I make sure the jam board is editable for them. I show them the jam board in the meet and we discuss it. Then, I share the link in the chat so they can share their work.

Another way I use it is for social studies and science concepts. I start the week with “what do we know about...” and end the week with “ what did we learn about...”

There are lots of fun templates, too.
owl98 is offline   Reply With Quote

GreyhoundGirl

Old 12-17-2020, 05:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I use it everyday with all my groups. I give them editing rights and put the link in chat. I use it with my kinder and 1st grader to practice handwriting and numbers.

I use it with my older kids for math. I give each of them a page and use the post it feature to assign them a page. I also insert base 10 blocks, pictures for sorts, etc. the possibilities are endless.

The only thing I don’t like is the limited space, but I work with it.

Feel free to PM me with questions.
GreyhoundGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Loveslabs

Jamboard
Old 12-18-2020, 05:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I like Jamboard, but there are a couple of possible concerns. For example, a student can delete another student’s work, and you most likely will not be able to figure who did it. Also, a student can post something inappropriate and you will not know who posted it.
I teach my students to put their names on their sticky notes or text boxes. It is difficult to monitor this. I also tell them we will stop using Jamboard if their are issues like I mentioned above. Out of eleven classes I have had to stop using Jamboard in two classes.

Loveslabs is offline   Reply With Quote

Englishish

Old 12-18-2020, 08:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I use it everyday, but I only allow students view permission. The only complaint I really have with it is that I have to email the link if students turn up late or get booted out of the meet for some reason. Zoom’s whiteboard technology is way better in my experience.
Englishish is offline   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 12-18-2020, 02:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I use it when I meet 1:1 delivering sped minutes. For my kids working in a sight word program I have pictures and a list of sentences that they need to read and match. I've also used it for numbering ordering, smaller/greater, alphabetical order, etc. Kind of like a pared down drag-and-drop Seesaw activity. For a fun activity on our last day, this morning we did this - every student had their own page to do, and then shared with the group. The only downside is it can get a bit laggy with lots of people logged in at the same time.
Attachment

Sign in to view attachment. Not a member? Sign Up FREE
pdxteacher is offline   Reply With Quote

MightyTeach

Jamboard
Old 12-19-2020, 01:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I use Jamboards daily in my Google Meets. I usually create a Jamboard then attach it in my Google Classroom. Each student gets their own copy. I like using Jams because I can go into each student’s jam as they are working on math or for instance ELA and guide them by using text or sticky notes while in the meet. It also can be shared with student teams which allows for collaboration. I also open and share jams with the presentation mode in a meet with the students to review steps needed to solve problems. There are many ways to use it - great videos on YouTube!
MightyTeach is offline   Reply With Quote

choppie70

Old 12-20-2020, 05:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I have used them a lot of different ways for my 3rd grade virtual students. I usually make them ahead of time using Jamboard from my waffle. Then I share the link in the chat of my google meet.

It is a great way to have them work in small groups when we are virtual. When I put them in breakout rooms, their room number is the page number the need to work on on the Jamboard and I have them write their names on a sticky note on the Jamboard.

I also use them during our math warm up.

They are a great way to actually see the kids work as they are doing it and have a record of what they did during the class.
choppie70 is offline   Reply With Quote