Help

The Job Search

Not actually searching for a job

>

Violet4

Not actually searching for a job
Old 01-10-2021, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I'm in a different one outside of teaching, for the time being. It may be a more permanent arrangement but I'm doing soul searching.

I'm very pensive today so I find myself here asking this question. which I have asked before so I appreciate your patience:

Has anyone else ever done everything they could to try and transfer out of their school whether it be through the same district or not and just not have any success?

The way teaching in general is going I don't know if a different school would be the end of my troubles anyway but I'm conflicted I feel like I have failed but at the same time try try again does have a limit. I can only fall so many times before I start looking other places. Does that make sense?

Violet4 is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 01-10-2021, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

If I remember correctly you were a music teacher who decided to leave the job at the end of last school year to take a non profit job. Is that correct? Is it not all you hoped it would be?

If you are currently not teaching then the idea would be to get a job at a school district whether it is your old one or another one. I wouldn't think that transferring would be part of the equation since you are not a current employee of the district.

If you miss teaching and want to give it another try, check for openings at districts near where you live and apply to any that you are qualified for and interested in.

Would you go back to your previous district if you had an opportunity to do so? Or would you prefer to try someplace new and different?

I was a band and music teacher for 20 years and had my own music service business for the last 13 so I know what you were going through as a music teacher My retirement job is as a teaching assistant.
jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet4

Jazzer
Old 01-10-2021, 04:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I kept trying to transfer while in the district.... Never worked out. I guess I was looking for validation that it's happened to someone else before.

Last edited by Violet4; 01-11-2021 at 08:20 AM..

nyteacher29

Not me
Old 01-10-2021, 04:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I know someone who I used to work with and she went into the hospital field using her teaching degree and still loves it. This was about five years ago and she says she has no regrets

I would not see leaving teaching as a failure especially if you like what you are doing. Iím finishing my 11th year and Iím wondering how much longer I can do this.
nyteacher29 is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 01-10-2021, 05:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Ah, I see. I guess I didn't understand what you were asking. I don't know of anyone who tried to transfer within a district and was unsuccessful. I spent my 20 year career in small private schools so that wasn't a possibility for anyone I knew.

I was an assistant at a different district last school year, and at the end of the year, a few of the teachers at my school were involuntarily transferred due to enrollment numbers and needs at other schools in the district. That seemed to happen there at times. I never heard about anyone I worked with wanting to transfer.

jazzer is offline   Reply With Quote

basketball777

Old 01-11-2021, 09:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Yes....but not transfer, just tried to switch districts and area sometimes. I tried to leave a district for a few years, but then finally I resigned after 9 yrs due to life circumstances and moved and luckily found a good job elsewhere. However, it didn’t last long. I lost that job after 2 years....been unemployed ever since, sigh....
basketball777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Violet4

Basketball 777
Old 01-12-2021, 07:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I'm so sorry