Help

Substitute Teachers

Vaccine

>

bodhimom

Vaccine
Old 12-29-2020, 10:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Teachers are in the next round of vaccinations, at least in California. How do I show that I'm a sub? We don't have i.d. cards or anything.

Please, no anti-vaccination comments.

bodhimom is offline   Reply With Quote

theapple

Possibility....
Old 12-29-2020, 10:14 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This is a tough one. There are not many options available to subs in situations like this, but maybe this one would help....

Is there any way you can get a hold of a pay/check stub? Maybe if you have a check stub with your name and district name/logo on it, that may possibly help you (and of course your drivers license). Maybe any form of paperwork with your name and district info could work too.

Good luck with this!! I hope you can get the vaccine.
theapple is online now   Reply With Quote

mrsd5

Didnít think of that.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have my teacher certification, but itís for retired teachers. I have a really old teacher ID. Maybe the district will issue a letter saying that we are sub teachers. Good question to ask when school is back in session.
mrsd5 is offline   Reply With Quote

mkesub

Old 12-30-2020, 07:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I would think a paycheck stub or W2 would work.
mkesub is offline   Reply With Quote

knelson13

Old 12-30-2020, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I am wondering if they will go to schools to give the shot like they have been doing with hospitals and nursing homes. In that case, they would have to decide whether or not to allow it for subs. A couple of years ago, they started issuing IDs for us so I am hoping that would work if we just go to a clinic for the vaccine.

knelson13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 12-30-2020, 06:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

My district sent every employee an email with a survey to say whether you wanted the vaccine or not. They ordered them for the people who wanted them. Theyíll send a schedule later.
Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

Fractured

Old 12-30-2020, 11:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Iím surprised you donít have badges. I have a picture one and have to wear it around my neck at all times. I hope they give it to us.
Fractured is online now   Reply With Quote

knelson13

Old 12-31-2020, 06:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Ima Teacher, did subs get the email? Our district did a survey earlier but did not include subs.
knelson13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sweetsunset

Old 12-31-2020, 11:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

There is a testing site at one of the schools in my district for all employees, has been for months now. We receive reminder emails to book appointments. I'm just hoping this district gets the vaccine on-site, and offers it to us subs.
Our district is huge, and I'm hoping they realize it's in their best interest to include us as part of their re-opening plans.
Sweetsunset is offline   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 12-31-2020, 06:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Quote:
Ima Teacher, did subs get the email?
The email was sent to all staff, which includes all certified and classified staff in the district.

Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

jazzer

Old 01-01-2021, 09:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

From what I have seen, no one will be coming to my school to give out the vaccine, I think we will be just like all other non essential workers who don't live in senior facilities.

Our district HR person sent a link to the county website and told us to register. They will supposedly email us when it is our turn to make an appointment. Teachers were not even included in the essential worker choices they offered.

I am a teaching assistant and I wonder if I will be able to get the vaccine. I assume I will since I am a full time employee of the district. I started a new job in September. I have only been in my new building once since this time as we have been fully remote all year and have no date to return to the building yet. Our district is following the county health department guidelines which say that we should be at 14 infections per 100,000 people. We are currently at 40 per 100,000. Not even close.

I was also never given an employee ID and my name was never added to the staff list on the website. However, I do have proof of check deposits and am getting paid regularly. I guess I can deal with the rest as we get closer to going back into the building and are able to get the vaccine.
jazzer is online now   Reply With Quote