Help

BusyBoard

Am I the only one who is crazy busy?

>

peanut21

Am I the only one who is crazy busy?
Old 03-27-2020, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are starting elearning next week and as a special ed teacher I have three conferences next week and have to figure out how to progress monitor all of my students goals, coordinate assisting students with home work and facilitate paras working with students. I teach a Careers class and have to give my resource students life and study skill lessons each week. I am overwhelmed!!

Everyone I know seems to be just sitting around. I am very grateful to be getting paid, don’t get me wrong.

peanut21 is offline   Reply With Quote

LoveMyNature

Same!
Old 03-27-2020, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Very busy, lots of stuff to do. But some arenít. Itís so strange.
LoveMyNature is offline   Reply With Quote

linda2671

I've been busy too.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I've worked from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day this week getting everything ready to start distance learning next week. I finally got everything finished about 4:00 this afternoon. It should be easier next week since everything is set and ready to go now.
linda2671 is offline   Reply With Quote

checkerjane

Old 03-27-2020, 05:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Yes! I feel like Iíve crammed an entire yearís worth of planning into two days, and Iím still not finished. I havenít gone to bed before 2:00 a.m. for the last two nights.
checkerjane is offline   Reply With Quote

Elmsprings

Same here!!
Old 03-27-2020, 06:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I've worked so hard-- I'm exhausted!! My eyes actually hurt from looking at the screen for days.in.a.row!!!!!

Elmsprings is offline   Reply With Quote

TeaPro

Old 03-27-2020, 07:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Oh I'm sitting around- in front of my work computer all day! My to-do list is not getting done.
TeaPro is offline   Reply With Quote

Haley23

Old 03-27-2020, 07:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Well, this was technically my SB, although I've done at least one work related task/meeting every day. Normally I'd refuse to work over SB- but there is no other time to do it and frankly being stuck in my house alone all day, I don't have much better to do anyway.

My district just now sent out the information for the online learning we're expected to have up and running by Wednesday. Monday/Tuesday are PD. I'm going to watch most of the required stuff this weekend so I can ahead- the classroom teachers use these platforms regularly, but I don't. There isn't much I can plan ahead. Even after having a meeting with my sped director on Thursday I'm not clear at all what they really want sped to be doing. Every idea I have gets shot down. I'm just hoping that more information will be clear in our all staff meeting on Monday.
Haley23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tessa_Rue

Old 03-27-2020, 07:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

My students do not all have access to technology and internet. No matter what we do, these days will not count as learning days.
Tessa_Rue is offline   Reply With Quote

pdxteacher

Old 03-27-2020, 08:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Right now it's technically spring break for us. Next week we start online PD, with a "plan" to roll out online learning the following week. I teach self-contained sped - there's no way it's going to work. I've spent the last week wildly vacillating between panic prep and denial binge-watching/reading.

I'm just so frustrated. My students are going to be hosed no matter what we do, so it just feels insane to spin my wheels getting stuff ready/posted. I've got parents who are going to be (justifiably) cranky because there's no way IEP supports can be put in place, and parents who are just trying to get by and can't provide support.

Ugh. I'm going to get a bowl of ice cream.
pdxteacher is online now   Reply With Quote

Ima Teacher

Old 03-27-2020, 08:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Iím going full speed from 8am to about 4pm every day. And I make myself stop at 4. We just ended week 2 of distance learning. Itís way harder than reaching regular class.

Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

peanut21

I guess
Old 03-28-2020, 12:23 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

Misery loves company . My special ed director is amazing, so Iím lucky. Iím just hoping that it will get easier but Iím not sure.
peanut21 is offline   Reply With Quote

twinmom95

Old 03-28-2020, 12:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

We just finished our first week of distant learning ( I teach 4th) and there was so much for us to figure out and still so much for us to figure out!

I also probably worked 10-12 hours a day every day this week from home. Like many of us we have had no training in Google classroom or a lot of the technology that goes along with trying to do this.

Answering parent and kid emails and their Hangout messages and trying to figure out how to make things work has been overwhelming! I didn't even get time to start trying to figure out what to assign and how to assign stuff for next week until Friday. We have to keep a communication log the show that we communicated with students and parents at least twice a week also which is taking a lot of time to keep track of. Hopefully next week is less hours. I also found participation had dropped off a decent amount by the end of the week :-(

For many families trying to work from home themselves with 2-4 kids, this is just too much for them right now.
twinmom95 is online now   Reply With Quote