Help

BusyBoard

Is this normal? Help Please!!

>

thirdg8

Is this normal? Help Please!!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a second year teacher now. Last year I was having panic attacks from all of the stress. I was hired two weeks before school started. I felt like I was struggling to keep up. This year I am still feeling nervous and I am wondering if anyone else went through this too.

thirdg8 is offline   Reply With Quote

kster

Old 08-11-2013, 07:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

This will be my seventh year teaching and I still get major stress and anxiety about 3 weeks before school starts . I also cannot fall asleep and stress eat...I am working on NOT stress and going for more walks at night. I don't think this will ever go away for me. I look at my teacher friend next door and she is always cool as a cucumber.
kster is offline   Reply With Quote

Teacherbee_4

Year 3
Old 08-11-2013, 07:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I'm going into year 3 and still feel nervous, even more nervous! It seems like each year my nerves got worse,not better. No panic attacks over school, but lots of stress, getting physically ill, worry, tears. Teaching is so stressful and it seems to get stressful every year as more and more demands are added.I always forget what I have to do to get the year ready! I feel clueless!

However, I think for most people it gets better, and I'm hoping once I get use to it, it will get better. I hope the same for you! If you are having panic attacks, I would see a doctor or a counselor. I see someone (and have since even before I started teaching) and it helps.
Teacherbee_4 is online now   Reply With Quote

missmas

year 5?
Old 08-11-2013, 08:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

still nervous and pretty overwhelmed
missmas is offline   Reply With Quote

PUKO

yr 7
Old 08-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Nervous, stressed and excited! I think we just so want to succeed and have the best classroom, and there is just never enough time. It's normal.

PUKO is offline   Reply With Quote

I teach K!

This is year 11 for me...
Old 08-12-2013, 03:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

This is year 11 for me and I still get anxious the week for before school. I usually don't sleep the night before school starts--too many unknowns--the kids, the parents, how everything will go. I love my job and as soon as I meet the kids the anxiety starts to subside. It's nerves, stress, and excitement--It's so normal!
I teach K! is online now   Reply With Quote

mmw

Year 21
Old 08-12-2013, 03:57 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I think this is the first year that I am not nervous at all. Not sure if that is a good thing, though. One thing that is helping is that we have a new principal and she is making our lives totally stress free as far as what she wants from us. What a difference that makes.
mmw is offline   Reply With Quote

SACN

Old 08-12-2013, 05:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

Starting year 25 and still get nervous, excited and stressed! As the years have gone by, my coping skills have increased and I know that (not only is this normal) but EVERYTHING always gets done that HAS to be done, the room doesn't HAVE to be perfect and that my relationship with the students is the MOST important element of any of it. Just remember...YOU are not alone!
SACN is offline   Reply With Quote

scateacher

9th Year
Old 08-12-2013, 08:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I'm in the same boat as everyone else. I agree that we have high hopes and expectations, yet it seems as if there is never enough time.
scateacher is offline   Reply With Quote

BoSox_Fan

Year 14
Old 08-13-2013, 03:06 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

This is year 14 for me and while I'm not nervous per se, I am having "school-mares" and working my tail off getting things together. School doesn't start until September, but I go back next Wednesday (meeting), then present PD Thursday and Friday, then back all the following week.

I'm a little particular (GROSS understatement) about my room and it's already pretty much set up. I still have a TON to do, and am teaching a university course this semester as well. In over-load. It's not just you and I'm sorry to tell you that if you're super type-A, a little anxious, or a little OCD (or all 3 ) it'll happen every year. Welcome to the club...

BoSox_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote