Help

Retired Teachers

Where are the emojis

>

teachwonder

Where are the emojis
Old 09-12-2017, 10:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Yes, I am that dork! Where the heck are the emojis that everyone uses?? And sometimes someone will pull out a quote from a message that someone wrote and it will show up in blue? How do you do that? I'd love to pretend that I'm way cool and know all this, but...Help, Mr. Wizard, Help (and if you know that you are REALLY old! insert smiley face icon here!)

teachwonder is offline   Reply With Quote

mhugs

stuff
Old 09-13-2017, 12:54 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

The emojis/Smilies are to to the right of this screen I'm typing on. I'm using a MacBook Air not sure if it makes a difference. Seasonal ones change. At the very bottom is the word [more] hit that and you can scroll and get a bunch more pictures. those for me show up in the upper left of my screen.
Quote:
Yes, I am that dork!
still working on quote and inserting links so don't feel bad.

Think I got the quote by highlighting and then hitting quote on top of the typing space/box.
mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote

lots2do

I,m on an iPad
Old 09-13-2017, 03:20 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Same for me, while I'm typing, the symbols are in a box to the right of the text box. At the bottom there is a little blue more. I tap on that and a whole bunch open up in another screen. You can scroll down and just touch the ones you'd like to use. Nothing much happens but when you close that, they are in your message. Just make sure your cursor is where you want them. You can try it here in your next reply. Quotes might go in your profile but I'm not sure yet.
Remember there are no silly questions, well, mostly.
lots2do is offline   Reply With Quote

readbooks

Oh thanks for asking
Old 09-13-2017, 04:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I've been wondering the same things. Here's another question for you folks full of knowledge. How do I attach a piture to my user name, or is it too late.

Ok I'm on my Samsung smart phone (it's smarter than I am) and I just tried to put in an emoji. I CAN'T FIND THEM!
readbooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Emojis
Old 09-13-2017, 04:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Teacherwonder: drizzle, drazzle, druzzle, drum. Time for this one to go home.

I'm that old, too!!!!

The PT emojis are to the right of the message box. On my iPhone and iPad there's a globe like icon at the bottom left of my typing keypad. Click on it and there they are.

Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

GlacierRose

Old 09-13-2017, 06:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I don't know who Mr. Wizard is, but I may be able to help. You really might not have them available and showing. It depends on your PT settings.

Do you see the icon of a person's head, on the left, near the top of the page? (Next to the schoolhouse icon) Touch or click that, then touch or click on My Desk.

Then, look on the left side of the page and go all the way down to Settings, under Settings and Options. Choose Settings.

Then, focus on the bigger section of options, on the middle/right side of the page. Go all the way--all. the. way.--down to Message Interface Options (or something like that). If you are on basic, you can't see any "smilies" as they're called here. Change it to one of the other two interface options, and you should be able to see them, and you should be able to see the quote function when you type posts.

I'm on enhanced interface.

Let me know if you still need help.
GlacierRose is offline   Reply With Quote

GlacierRose

Old 09-13-2017, 06:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Readbooks, here's how to get to the spot for avatars:

Do you see the icon of a person's head, on the left, near the top of the page? (Next to the schoolhouse icon) Touch or click that, then touch or click on My Desk.

Then, look on the left side of the page and go all the way down to My Profile and find Avatar. Choose Avatar and follow the directions.

To both of you: you can also get to the same place by touching or clicking on your name at the top of the page, and choosing Edit My Settings under your member information.

teachwonder

It Worked
Old 09-13-2017, 09:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

OMG!! Thank you GlacierRose!! Who knew I had so many cool things at hand!! Christmas in September! And ReadBooks - Thanks for also having a question. I'm going to have to find an Avatar now. What fun!
teachwonder is offline   Reply With Quote

GlacierRose

Old 09-13-2017, 09:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Yay! You're very welcome. I'm happy to help. I was pretty certain you'd see them if they were there, so I guessed that your settings needed to be changed.

Let me know if you still need help with quotes too.