Help

Retired Teachers

Frustrated Husband Funny

>

mhugs

Frustrated Husband Funny
Old 09-12-2017, 12:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are having our roof done today and DH is not use to having professionals do the repair work. Since 8:30 this morning he has been pacing from window to window looking at what they are doing. He is a helper by nature and would be up on the roof with them. I keep reminding him he's 73 and we are paying the crew big $$.
Our yard is too little for DH to be outside doing anything and stay out of the roofers way. Just sent DH off to taxi grandson to orthodontist appointment.

Thought it was sweet, a young gal brought one of the workers lunch and were sitting on our 'Welcome' bench enjoying the sunshine together.

mhugs is online now   Reply With Quote

cvt

husband
Old 09-12-2017, 02:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I recognize that. My DH is probably a professional's nightmare. He knows he cannot do certain things and that is why we hire professionals, but he loves to watch them work. He stands at a respectful distance but once in a while asks questions or makes suggestions. Or he makes them smoothies. I've told him that they just want to do the job without distractions or without having him hovering about, and he will go do something else, but he can't help himself, and an hour later he will be back.
cvt is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 09-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

mhugs- Your DH and my DH must be related. I had a similar conversation with him this summer about the construction crews doing work on our house.

Cvt- another relative, I see!
ZipLine is online now   Reply With Quote

blueskies96

Old 09-13-2017, 02:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I can relate! My dh hires people to do things and thinks he has to be there to help. He won't relax while they're here. Drives me batty! I guess that's how industrious types are. I think retirement can be hard on men sometimes.
blueskies96 is offline   Reply With Quote

lots2do

Extreme example of this...
Old 09-13-2017, 03:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We had some work down in the common area of our condo. Two older men dogged the poor worker around, giving him advice, disagreeing with his methods and then it got heated when one of them grabbed his tools. The man reported him to the front office, wouldn't come back. One of the retirees was told not to have any contact with the replacement worker. Two people guarded the work area so the condo owner wouldn't hassle the second worker.

lots2do is offline   Reply With Quote

teachwonder

Old 09-13-2017, 09:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Wow!! That is pretty extreme!! I think sometimes as we get older we don't want to give up what we can no longer do, so we try to be involved in some way. Whether we become back seat drivers or dining room chair cooks.
teachwonder is offline   Reply With Quote