>

Poette

Behavior Self Reflect Simple
Old 09-29-2019, 02:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello,
I have a 3rd grade girl with some BIG behaviors. A little background:

-youngest of 5 or 6 kids, at least one of which is old enough to have a job
-angry family, she has mentioned getting yelled at for making herself some ramen because she was hungry, says the “devil is in mom”
-There has been many changes this year including a new addition to the school building, a new teacher, classrooms in different places, new aide (me, before me she had the same aide for 2 years), new special ed staff (rotating as an extra challenge due to main teacher being on maternity leave), new schedule, etc.
-almost anything that goes home enters the Bermuda Triangle (turned in homework for the first time on Friday! We are on day 26 I think)
- has told staff (me) to “go die” etc
- has told the teacher she didn’t “like the grade [teacher] gave” her.

THIS HAS BEEN A HARD YEAR SO FAR!

I started browsing for a sheet for her to carry around HERSELF that would ask her questions for each class like “Did I follow directions without arguing?”, “Did I use only kind words?”, “Did I participate and complete all work assigned?”.
I seem to be striking out and was hoping to not have to make my own. I was debating if me carrying around a similar sheet to compare hers to would be beneficial or just cause an argument. Was hoping to increase her self-awareness and self-honesty (dunno if that’s a legit thing, but I’m making it a legit thing lol).
Anyone know of a link to one? Or even just a free editable one that I can put in each part of her day and some expectations and then put a smiley etc if she met each expectation in each part of her day?

Thanks!
Sorry if post was long....

Poette is offline   Reply With Quote

apple annie

Old 11-17-2019, 06:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would focus in just one or two behaviors you want her to work on improving. For my high maintenance kiddo it’s “completes assignments” and “speaks in respectful tone”. I mark it for the morning on a scale of one to three for each (so he can get 6 points for the morning.) He takes the chart to specials and the specials teacher marks it for an additional possible 6 points. And then again in the afternoon for another 6. So 18 possible points total. Mine is in fifth, but maybe for younger grade you would do a stamp or sticker instead of points. I don’t tie it to any reward or punishment. He just takes it home to show mom and dad. I let them decide if it merits any rewards or punishments. Just make sure you’re in communication with the parents so they know what to do with it and can try to be consistent.
apple annie is offline   Reply With Quote

2000Aggie

Sped
Old 11-18-2019, 08:01 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Have you heard of PBIS World website. It has loads of documents (editable) to document off task behavior. It helped us in my grade level last year. It addresses all types of off task behavior. Hope it helps.
2000Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote