Help

BusyBoard

Schools closed for rest of year

>

TeacherPK6

Schools closed for rest of year
Old 03-23-2020, 01:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our governor just announced that schools will be closed for at least the rest of the year. I've no idea what distance learning expectations will be (especially with kindergarten).

I don't think it's fully hit me yet. I'm anxious about distance learning. I'm sad about not having "closure" with my students. I'm concerned about my more vulnerable kids. Thankfully I'm not worried about abuse/neglect/terrible home life with any of my students, but of course some still have more support and better financial standing than others. Some were already struggling academically.

TeacherPK6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Riding4Him

Online learning
Old 03-23-2020, 03:54 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm in week two of online learning. As a district (we're private) we decided to concentrate on math and reading. We put out an email each afternoon that states the plan for the next day. In the morning I repost on our FB page for my class and then intro. on a FB live feed. I block subjects to do four a day. I videotape on Mondays for the week in an empty classroom. I post the video with our reading program and the math lesson for the day. Students went home with work and books. Parents send me pics of a sampling of work to assess. So far it's working. I teach 3rd. The older kids are doing Zoom. Don't forget about the mental aspect. Parents and students are stressed. Read a story online to them. I do a fun video from home. The kindergarten teacher had a virtual show and tell online.
Riding4Him is offline   Reply With Quote