Help

Red Clover Room

Exercise log

>

Miss Sparkle

Exercise log
Old 07-07-2013, 11:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

It looks like this board isn't very popular, but I'm going to post just for myself. I've been trying to workout more and lose some weight. At times I've been very successful, but sadly have gained almost all of it back. So now I'm back at it...again.

I want to post my exercise for the day to keep myself motivated. I have an exercise bike that my mom's bf made me an adjustable table for so I can grade papers or use my iPad. It's in front of a tv so there's really no excuse for not using it.

At the moment I'm riding my bike and watching The Frog Princess. My goal is 60 minutes.

I'm also doing a squat challenge with a friend. We add 5 squats a day. I'm at 85 squats and have completed 30. I try to do them in sets of 30.

I've also been trying to add a few weights in to tone my arms.

Thanks for reading this! I think writing it down helps to keep me motivated.

csb/5th

Great idea!
Old 07-07-2013, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I love your adjustable table for your bike idea!!!! I saw an advertisement for a treadmill that you can use as a desk. If it wasn't several thousand dollars, I would have considered purchasing it. Teachers were talking about using it to grade papers, but they also thought it was too pricey. Enjoy your bike! Don't you love killing two birds with one stone?

I will follow your journey. I used to post on here, but life kind of got in the way. I am back to exercising now. I will post my workouts, too. I try to walk 4 miles a night. I am going to add situps and possibly my elliptical plus using my step deck in front of the tv. I can easily use my step deck or elliptical while watching a tv show. It makes the time go by fast. I usually walk my 4 miles at night when it is cooler.

You are right about writing it down to motivate you. I'll check back in with you. You go, girl!!!!!

Miss Sparkle

Old 07-07-2013, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks csb! I didn't expect to see anyone post here. I will be checking in to cheer you on too! Exercise has never been my favorite thing to do.

One of my husbands friends had an elliptical that she wasn't using and gave it to me! Now I've got the bike and elliptical. I plan on still doing 60 minutes. Probably 30 on each.

What's a step deck? I love doing anything that I can do in front of the tv. It sure does make the time go faster!

Thanks for your support!

csb/5th

Old 07-07-2013, 07:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Hi Miss Sparkle . . . I thought I would check in and give my exercise report. I just did my sweaty 4 mile walk and 50 situps with my situp bar!!!! Sure felt good!!!

A step deck is just a step like they used to use in step aerobics. I used to use the one that came with the wii fit, but this one is taller, so I think I get a better workout. I just step up on it and then back down, up and down. Sometimes I step off to the side for a little change. I got mine at Walmart. Here is the link. I hope it works.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gold-s-Gym...ainer/15188946

I try to do an hour if possible. Time goes by fast while you are watching tv and stepping. You can watch tv and exercise. That's killing 2 birds with one stone.

Sounds like you are off to a great start. See you tomorrow!!!!