Help

Red Clover Room

Exercise log-day 1

>

Miss Sparkle

Exercise log-day 1
Old 07-08-2013, 02:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I read somewhere (Pinterest, probably) that if you do something consistently for 21 days it becomes a habit. I want exercise to become a habit for me. So today marks day 1 of my 21 days.

My goals:
60 minutes of exercise bike and elliptical. 60 minutes total, not each
Squat challenge ( I'm on day 11 of 30)
Arm challenge (started today, day 1 of 30)
Abs challenge (started today, day 1 of 30)

Today my friend came over to my house and we worked out together. I have an elliptical and exercise bike so we did 10 minute intervals alternating between each. And in between each 10 minute set we did the squat challenge, abs, and arms.

When I was walking her out I noticed the grass needed to be cut, so I mowed the lawn. I'm definitely counting that as exercise. It probably wasn't wise to do it now since it's SO hot! But I figure I burned a few more calories that way!

AD

Old 07-08-2013, 02:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I think that's true! I've been exercising 5-6 days a week since November and my body NEEDS it. I couldn't wait to get home from the cabin to go to the gym since I prefer the group exercise classes. I'm leaving in 10 minutes and can't wait! KEep it up!

Miss Sparkle

Old 07-08-2013, 02:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

AD- I want to get to that point of my body craving exercise. Sometimes I get caught up in the weight loss aspect, but that never seems to work. (Ill miss a day or have a rough day with my eating and feel like I've failed) I'm trying to train my brain that I'm doing this for the health benefits, not just to lose weight.

Have fun at your class! Maybe when I get more confident in myself, I'll venture to the gym!

csb/5th

That's the way! :)
Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Miss Sparkle ... You did great today! I definitely would count mowing the grass as exercise. You were in the zone! I hope you didn't get overheated. Drink lots of water.

I did 4 miles using my Leslie Sansone walking DVD. I hope to walk 4 more miles outside later this evening.

One day down!