Help

Kindergarten

Guilty?

>

fahajj

Guilty?
Old 11-11-2019, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am not creative at all. I feel guilty using things that others online have created whether free or purchased. I feel like stress to make sure everything is documented, testing, and unrealistic expectations have caused us to rely on these things for basic survival. Is it just me?

fahajj is offline   Reply With Quote

GoodEnough85

I have at times felt that way
Old 11-12-2019, 07:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

but then I realized that as long as the items I choose meet the needs of my students, are correct and on level, I would be foolish to NOT avail myself of a potential resource.

The problem, to my way of thinking, is that some, not all, but some teachers, pick things willy nilly and do not do due diligence to ensure that is what they really want or need, has errors or not the right level.

Some of the free or even purchased stuff that is out there is just not good.

I am in SpEd and have no set curriculum. I do have a combination of goals, objectives, standards and things I need covered. I have limited access to true textbooks, teacher guides and/or workbooks. If I can use some of the items available online-especially free or cheap- it helps me immensely.

Also, the people who make and offer these things know what they are getting into. They would not offer them to us if they didn't want them used by others.

Don't feel guilty. You have no reason to beat yourself up over this if you are careful and choosy. And if they help you get through documentation, testing and the like with less stress, more power to you.
GoodEnough85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sbkangas5

Old 11-12-2019, 07:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I don't feel guilty - that is why people have put them out there. I do agree, though, that they need to be used with caution. I tend only to use tpt when I'm wanting to create something, and I want to see if someone has already made it for me.
Sbkangas5 is offline   Reply With Quote