Help

BusyBoard

google classroom

>

dusty

google classroom
Old 03-23-2020, 05:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am trying to set up a video conference using zoom through my school google account. My students each have their own google email account we've just never used them and I never added any students to my google classroom. When I am trying to send out an invite to join my video conference do the students already have to be added to my google classroom before I can invite them to a video conference or can I just send the invite to their google email address? We are not going to actually use the google classroom, we just want to send the video conference invites to the students google email accounts.

Also, myself and the other grade one teacher are trying to do the first video conference together with both classes but when I try to send an invite to her class I get a pop up that I need to request access from the groups owner. How do I do that? Thank you for any help you can give someone who is going crazy trying to learn how to teach distance learning to first graders.

Last edited by dusty; 03-23-2020 at 06:22 PM..
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 03-23-2020, 05:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Only the organizer of a Hangout needs to have a google account, so you do not need to use Google classroom with it at all. The organizer schedules a hangout using the Calendar feature. Then just share the hangout link (from the event scheduled) with anyone whom you want to join the Hangout.

We sent the link to parent's email addresses. Having students, especially young ones, log into an email account without guidance seems like it would be hard to do. But they can join a hangout via parent email - no gmail account needed.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

dusty

Old 03-23-2020, 06:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thank you, but what if i am trying to set it up with zoom but through my google account? I have a zoom account and zoom is one of our choices on our school google. Is there a way to get a link and then copy/paste the link to send to the parents email account IF I do not have to send it to the students google accounts?
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote

kahluablast

Old 03-23-2020, 06:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I haven't used Zoom, sorry.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote