Help

Teachers' Lounge

Know whatís really hard to do?

>

Ima Teacher

Know whatís really hard to do?
Old 03-25-2020, 08:27 PM

Avoid coughing.

I donít have a cough. However, I know coughing it one of they Covid19 symptoms. That means people freak if you cough. Iíve been out fo the house three times in the last two weeks. Any time Iím around people, I constantly want to cough. I know itís completely psychosomatic.

Ima Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote

tia

Old 03-25-2020, 08:38 PM

yah--when stuff started going down in my state, I was just coming off an ugly cold--lots of congestion.

I visited the store--this was the period when people were starting to panic buy groceries and lines were long. I was in a bit of a line and had a tickle--tried to contain the cough and coughed into elbow....but I couldn't do that to the poor guy standing in front of me, so abandoned my spot, raced to the drinking fountain and then just went to the self checkout, which I abhor---and then I had a hot flash and the stupid machine kept telling me to put my stuff here, no there, in the bag, not in the bag, move the bag. AAAACCCKKKK!
tia is offline   Reply With Quote

GraceKrispy

Old 03-25-2020, 09:24 PM

Dh and I went for a 5-mile walk yesterday. My face naturally gets pretty red when I get warm, which I do on a 5-mile brisk walk. We walked through the local grocery store on the way back. Everyone was getting right out of my way! Dh said it's because my face was so red

I know what you mean about the coughing. When I noticed people shying away, I kind of wanted to sneeze or snuffle.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote

TeacherPK6

Old 03-25-2020, 10:39 PM

I do have a tickly throat from allergies. I was trying to hold in the throat clearing so hard when in line for my prescription the other day.

Also, when I was at the store (for necessary kitty litter), of course my face starts itching as soon as I walk in. I haven't been too focused on not touching my face when I'm at home with clean hands, but out and about I definitely didn't want to!
TeacherPK6 is online now   Reply With Quote

twin2

Old 03-26-2020, 08:30 AM

I tend to cough too. It's usually for no reason. Yes it does draw some unwanted attention and yes I've been trying hard not to cough.

twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote