Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

Informed Delievery

>

Claire

Informed Delievery
Old 03-26-2020, 06:53 AM

Dies anyone use informed delivery from the post office? My district is mailing our checks. Unfortunately I had to pause my direct deposit right before all this and ot takes a couple of checks to restart.

Anyway, I havle gotten ZERO pieces of mail the last 2 days. No adds, junk, nothing..which never happens. So, I signed up for informed delivery so I can see what's going on. It just says zero pieces on every day. ???

Last edited by Claire; 03-26-2020 at 07:20 AM..
Claire is offline   Reply With Quote

JulieG04

I use USPS informed delivery...
Old 03-26-2020, 07:06 AM

Claire, I'm still getting scanned pics of mail daily. I will say that there seems to be less mail than usual. I don't know if USPS has a labor shortage right now or not. I hope there's an easy way to find out if they're no longer scanning *all* mail.

The only thing I saw on their website is that you won't receive anything if there's no delivery that day -- which isn't helpful for your situation.
https://informeddelivery.usps.com/bo...start.action#/
JulieG04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Keltikmom

Po
Old 03-26-2020, 07:10 AM

We just get regular mail and mostly itís been just mostly 4th class mail. Catalogues, brochures, circulars, etc. About every 3 days we get bills or interesting mail.
Keltikmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Claire

Julie
Old 03-26-2020, 07:22 AM

Do you get pics of everything? The adds, junk, etc? I don't understand why I have nothing. I'm really worried about my check. The district said they were mailed yesterday.

I'm going to see if I see the mail person today. I know I saw them go down the other side of the street yesterday, but not ours.... I would think it would be delivered today or tomorrow.

arsabl

Informed delivery
Old 03-26-2020, 07:28 AM

Iíve used USPS Informed Delivery for about a year. Itís great to receive an email each day with a photo of what to expect in my mailbox. I also know when packages are expected.

I highly recommend it!

arsabl is offline   Reply With Quote

Star-Gazer

Old 03-26-2020, 07:29 AM

I usually donít get scanned images of flyers and other junk mail. I always get images of my regular mail. There doesnít seem to be as much mail as usual.
Star-Gazer is offline   Reply With Quote

amiga13

Old 03-26-2020, 07:33 AM

I have it and usually love it. Mine scans and shows pics of everything that is roughly letter size (ad or real), but it doesn’t scan catalogues and big flyers.

The only time I don’t like it is when it shows something unexpected and important-looking in the morning, like something from IRS, and then I have to wait til delivery at 3:00 to see what it is. I’m a worrier, so I wonder and worry all day.

I’d mention your concern to your mail carrier because I know mine does the scanning as well as delivering.
amiga13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Claire

Just talked to neighbor
Old 03-26-2020, 07:36 AM

She didn't get any adds or anything yesterday or day before either. I think he definitely skipped us.

I'm watching today.

2teach2

Informed Delivery
Old 03-26-2020, 07:39 AM

Yes, we signed up for Informed Delivery when our son left for Navy Boot Camp. We don't usually see large pieces of junk mail, but we do see most flyers as well as regular mail. There was one day when it didn't show a letter from our son that we received. Most of the time it has been pretty accurate, though. Maybe today you will get all of your mail from the last 2 days?
2teach2 is offline   Reply With Quote

annie_g

Old 03-26-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
The only time I donít like it is when it shows something unexpected and important-looking in the morning, like something from IRS, and then I have to wait til delivery at 3:00 to see what it is. Iím a worrier, so I wonder and worry all day.
This is why I stopped getting the daily emails. If I see something like that, I worry about it until I can get the mail. Now I only log in when I'm expecting a package to check the tracking.

annie_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Indiana Jen

Old 03-26-2020, 08:10 AM

Iíve noticed if itís something like store ads, it will say something about having in something they donít have a scanned image.

You can check on the app as well.
Indiana Jen is offline   Reply With Quote

jov

Old 03-26-2020, 08:27 AM

Definitely check the app. My daily email says something about the app may receive updates after the email is sent.

Like others, I get pictures of regular mail and all but large-size other mail. My mail has definitely been about 50% less than before this crisis.
jov is offline   Reply With Quote