Home Join Now Search My Favorites
Help

Teachers' Lounge

I almost parented my parent

>

Zephie

I almost parented my parent
Old 03-26-2020, 02:16 PM

Right now mom and I are trading off days for making dinner and making sure there is enough for left overs for another meal. This afternoon I made two stir fry dishes: orange ginger chicken with broccoli and teriyaki chicken with green beans. I made enough for each person to have one full meal of each and prepackaged them into single serve containers that can be popped into the microwave. Mom and I thrive on this kind of meal prep because it's so simple to just pull out one meal and eat whenever you're hungry.

Normally dad doesn't say much about what I make. It's usually a protein and a veggie or two and a starch for him. He obviously is not feeling stir fry today. He made his opinion k own with a very sulky attitide.

I almost told him to eat what I made or make himself a sandwich. There is peanut butter in the cabinet.

That would have gone over like a lead balloon. I'm glad I caught the words before they came out of my mouth.

Zephie is online now   Reply With Quote

klarabelle

Old 03-26-2020, 02:42 PM

Yep, its hard when someone in the house doesn't appreciate what you do. I always say, you have 2 hands make it yourself then. It sounds delicious what you made for dinner.
klarabelle is online now   Reply With Quote