Career Decisions

Job

>

Joe B

Joe B

Job
Old 12-31-2010, 10:51 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I will be graduating with a degree in mathematics ed. (middle and high school) in the spring. I am certified also to teach special education/ mild interventions at the high school level also. I have been told I will have an easy time finding a job. Willing to go anywhere. Is this true?

mtneer83

Job
Old 01-01-2011, 04:34 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Congrats on your degree. The sp.ed. certifications will surely help you gain employment. However, jobs are not a dime a dozen, even with your certs. You need to decide where you might like to go. Google states/school districts and see the type of openings that are available. Also, just going to a state won't work. What states have reciprocity with your state? What do you need to do to get a certificate in a state you are interested in?

I have a double BS in early childhood and elementary ed. and a double MS in spec. ed ( learning disability & emotional support). I have taught in 3 states... started in WV, moved to NY, then to PA. So, if your are willing to do the legwork and really are serious about moving to where the jobs are... you will be just fine.

Good luck in your job search!
mtneer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
graciegurl1

graciegurl1

yes, you have an Ace so to speak
Old 01-24-2011, 06:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Yes, you will be fine, better off than many many people. You are a male role model, have math, and special ed. What you have is equal to a red carpet in Hollywood. Good luck and congrads.