Help

The VENT

Um, itís still August 1st, right?!?!

>

WordFountain

Um, itís still August 1st, right?!?!
Old 08-01-2022, 02:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I went to a few stores today: TJ Maxx, Target, Costco. The Halloween, Fall/Autumn/Harvest stuff is already out in full force.

I like the seasons. When I lived in Texas versus the northeast I missed the seasons and changing weather terribly. However, I live in NJ. Most if not all schools *just* got out of school for summer vacation at the very end of June. The BTS stuff is out but almost like if you donít snatch it up now your going to be up a creek come mid-end of August. Itís so annoying. Iíd just like to enjoy my seasons and not feel so rushed. Thatís all. Vent over

Anyone else? Does it bother you too or not at all? All opinions welcome

Haley23

Old 08-01-2022, 02:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Honestly, it used to, and my opinion kind of changed with the pandemic. Now I say if it makes someone happy to have that stuff now, who cares what time of year it is? Let them enjoy it.

I have fall decorations (not Halloween) and personally will probably wait until early September to put them out. I actually considered putting them out earlier, as I sort of equate school starting to "fall" even though it is most certainly still summer, weather-wise. I decided that didn't quite feel right and September just feels more logical to me.

That said, I would LOVE to have a Starbucks pumpkin cream cold brew right now. It's my absolute favorite and I can't wait for it to come back! I just read they're releasing it August 30th- I wouldn't complain about an earlier release date at all!

Cassyree

Old 08-01-2022, 03:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

It doesn't bother me although I do laugh about it. I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel with a friend last week. When you walk through the store section, Halloween is out in all its gory glory! There isn't a good holiday to decorate for between July 4th and Halloween, so Halloween it is! Actually I love Cracker Barrel's Halloween stuff-there's always something to buy for grandkids.

tctrojan

Candy corn
Old 08-01-2022, 05:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Saw it for the first time last week.

TheGr8Catsby

Old 08-01-2022, 05:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

My biggest issue is needing a fan in mid-to-late summer, and they're already transitioned to sweaters. Like, it's 92 degrees?

As for the back-to-school issue - it's a corporate calendar, and seeing that big chunks of the country are going back to school within the next few days, they're going to be ready for them and not have an alternative merchandising schedule.

eliza4one

Old 08-01-2022, 05:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Safeway had TWO!!! Christmas displays today! One was a huge Santa cardboard cutout next to Coke products. The other was a Starbucks display. I almost stopped by the courtesy desk to say something but thought better of it. Honestly, it takes the "magic" out of the holidays!! (IMO) By the time Christmas rolls around, that Santa won't even register as a special symbol that Christmas is near.

eagles23

Old 08-01-2022, 05:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

You can go to Hobby Lobby and experience all the seasons for the rest of the year- the end of summer, back to school, fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas- all under one roof. They will probably start rolling out New Years' stuff next week.

eliza4one

Old 08-01-2022, 07:15 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I expect it from Hobby Lobby. I don't expect it from Safeway, lol.

meandmyhouse

Old 08-02-2022, 06:23 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I hate Halloween, so seeing the things for months is annoying. I also agree that the Christmas things being out so early takes away from the meaning, making it seems less special.

kahluablast

Old 08-02-2022, 06:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I do not like them starting things out so early. August is definitely too early.

NJ Teacher

I donít like itÖ
Old 08-02-2022, 08:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

In NJ, we are entering another heat wave. The last thing I want to see are boots and sweaters. I watch the shopping channels, and their hosts have been wearing fall styles. They have had way too much Christmas in July programming for me.

The back-to-school supplies seem to come out earlier and earlier. Our schools here generally do not start before Labor Day.

I am not interested in Halloween candy and fall decoróyet.

WordFountain

Old 08-03-2022, 02:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

This reminds me one time years ago my DH & I went apple picking with another couple in September. In my head this is a fall activity so I wore a short sleeve cable knit sweater tee, jeans, and equestrian boots. My DH wore jeans and a normal shirt, as did everyone else. It was soooooo hot and full sun. It mustíve been mid-high 70ís. I was dying. My friends and DH made fun of me the whole time.

desert flower

Old 08-06-2022, 11:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

My first day back to school was August 1st. Students start the 8th. So, I understand back to school stuff being out. But, I absolutely hate when stores jump ahead and put seasonal stuff out months ahead of time. I find it ridiculous. Let's enjoy one season/holiday at a time.

WordFountain

Old 08-07-2022, 05:45 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Yes I understand the BTS stuff (geez Iím a SAHM & my DS is only 3 yo but I still stock up on supplies each year ).

I remember that when I moved from the northeast with very distinct seasons/weather to college in Texas (whose weather is hot, hotter, & hottest ) I missed the changing weather with the seasons. Maybe itís weird but decorating for the season helped me make it feel like the season it was because I always associated hot weather with summer & vacation.