Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

signable item

>

ajester2

signable item
Old 07-13-2011, 12:55 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

i want something my kids can sign each year. any ideas? it can be something i repaint each year or just let students continue to sign. preferably something that can be displayed all year.

teacherpal12

Old 07-13-2011, 01:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

At our school we have the Grade 6 students design and sign a ceiling tile each year. When you are down by our office and look up at the ceiling you see the work of the students who were there in the past.

sweetnin'

Author's Chair
Old 07-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In the past I have bought a plastic inexpensive chair to use as an Aurhor's chair. As a student shares a published paper, he/she is allowed to sign the chair with marker. at the end of the year I have drawn a name to keep the $2.00 chair.

Grinner

Muslin and fabric crayons
Old 07-14-2011, 07:03 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Every year that I have been teaching, I use water color paper and cut it into fourths. I give each studnet a square and ask them to draw something that relates to them or just a picture that they want with fabric crayons. Make sure they color dark and tell them NOT to use letters or numbers. They will turn out backwards when ironed on. After they have drawn their picture, I heat an old iron, put something under the muslin (newspaper or cardstock) and flip the picture over and place it on the muslin in a good spot and iron it. Hold the iron on it for a bit or it won't transfer the color as well. Once I have ironed everyone's picture on the muslin collage style, I give them a fine point sharpie and their picture to look at. I have them trace and add details to the picture. Again, make sure something is under the material. THEN...I ask them sign their name by their picture! You could use other material I suppose but muslin is cheap and the pictures pop on the white. Also, don't wait until the end of the year because sometimes my students have withdrawn before I have had them make a picture. :-(
I have one from every class that I have taught until last year when I started teaching middle school. Too many kids and not enough time. I have hung them in the hallway and told the kids that when retire, I will sew them all together into a blanket so I can be wrapped in all the good memories I had teaching them.