Help

The VENT

Backhanded...

>

afmom2boys

Backhanded...
Old 10-06-2012, 09:53 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am responsible for all reading and writitng lessons for my grade level. I make sure that everyone gets weekly lessons.

Another "teammate" planned a PBL in my grade level. She has gotten like 10-15 speakers to come in. She left my class and another class out ON PURPOSE. She said that she would not be able to add us in at this point and couldn't answer to why she left us out. We don't have a big team... just 5 teachers..... I am soooo beyond mad about this.

I don't know what to do.

guest100

guest100

My next door teacher last year
Old 10-06-2012, 11:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

took her class (same level and subject) to a Mexican restaurant on a field trip and did not ask my class to go. Our two classes were divided by a curtain, and anything and everything got reported back to the prince by her. I thought that she was very insensitive to exclude my class from the restaurant trip.

ConnieWI

What???
Old 10-06-2012, 01:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

What did your administrator say about this?

Sea Star1

That's just rude
Old 10-06-2012, 07:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I can sympathize. Two of the four teachers on my team went on a field trip and didn't tell us. We found out that morning when we saw them leave.
guest100

guest100

My students heard all of the planning for
Old 10-07-2012, 06:39 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

the other class' trip through the curtain and despised me for not taking them on a trip. We had an in class food day instead. The only time the other teacher talked to me is if she wanted to open the curtain and "ask" me to watch her class for some reason. I never asked her for anything after that. In front of the prince, she said to me, "We need to get on the same page on assessments." Then I emailed her about co-planning and she told me to "follow the book and she didn't have time." I left her alone after that. She was totally a rude person.

teachnkids

Old 10-07-2012, 06:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

That would make me mad! It's a team and you sure are doing your part. I would be tempted to forget to give those groups the reading plans. If asked about them, say that you thought they liked working independently so you didn't include them!

Nunziata

go to your supervisor
Old 10-07-2012, 10:44 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I would go to your immediate supervisor and nicely ask when you will be given the opportunity to hear the speakers that your "teammate" has planned.

As for not being included, but being asked to do things, I am now copying my immediate supervisor whenever I ask something of a fellow teammate. It is called "cover my back." This way no one can ever say I didn't ask and I can always say I never received.