Help

First Grade

Behavior Poem...

>

ms.abc

Behavior Poem...
Old 09-25-2011, 05:33 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello My Beautiful Educators! I hope this message finds you all doing splendid! I was wondering does anybody know of a poem, or a saying that I could place near my behavior chart/behavior Board? I thought it would be a nice idea to have my behavior chart up, which displays the students behavior through Stars and X's. Stars indicates that the students finished the school day in the green cup and the X indicates he/she ended the day in the red. I have the systems instructions posted on the board for the parents to read and get a better understanding, but I would also like a poem, or something that I can recite with the students in regards to behavior, doing the right thing and staying on task that is catchy and motivating, for I go over their behavior daily as part of our Morning Meeting! I hope the above made sense... Is 6:30 in the morning over here... this woke me out of my sleep, so I hope it does. Any who, any feedback is greatly welcomed and appreciated as always! Thank you in advance!

Rockin1stgrad

Not a poem...
Old 09-25-2011, 06:36 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would love to see a cute poem a well. Unfortunately I am NOT that creative! I do love waking up in the morning with ideas. I am taking a break right now from making my ideas.

I use whole brain teaching. My students have movements and chant the rule each morning and during the day as needed. At any point I can say, "Rule number 2!" My little ones will say, "Raise your hand for permission to speak!" (They are moving their arm up and down to demonstrate raising your hand.) My students have also started working as a team and holding up 2 fingers to someone who is talking out of turn. I just gush when they start doing this on their own!

Now that I put my 2 cents worth in... I hope a creative teacher has a cute little poem as well!