Help

BusyBoard

myWorld Social Studies

>

jennmsu93

myWorld Social Studies
Old 08-10-2014, 05:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I posted this on the third grade board, but wanted to see if anyone else uses this curriculum...

We just got this new social studies curriculum and all I have is the teacher's manual for now. Does anyone use this curriculum? Any thoughts or advice? What needs to be purchased to make this program beneficial? I know I've read about digital videos and interactive whiteboard components ...

Thanks for your help!

Uniqua2

I have this curriculum as well
Old 08-10-2014, 07:02 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I teach 2nd grade though and last year was the first year we used this series. We have the teachers edition (which is super thin isn't it?). We also have the textbooks which are consumable. We would never actually consume them, but we got a deal from the publisher so we get free books each year after we bought the first set.

I'm not big on textbooks for second graders, but my class loved these! They loved being able to write in them and it made everything very engaging and interactive. Besides the text books and the teachers edition, I also used the ebook. This worked great with my SMARTboard. There is a lot you can do with it. I also have the disc with the myStory Spark videos. This isn't essential though, but it helps get things going at the beginning of the chapter.

Hope this helps!

jennmsu93

thanks Uniqua!
Old 08-18-2014, 06:12 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Thanks for your input. We have the interactive workbooks as well and I'm excited to use them. We've never had "textbooks" that you can write in before and it always bothered me. I teach the kids to highlight the proof and they never could before, so I know that's one thing I'll like. The teacher's edition isn't much. I believe we will be getting the interactive whiteboard component ... I really do want the myStory Spark videos since I think they will be engaging for the kids, instead of just reading.

Do you have an assessment component? I know there is a review in the book at the end of each chapter, but I was looking for a bit more.

Thanks again for your help!