Help

Third Grade

iMovie

>

mel1012

iMovie
Old 08-12-2014, 03:38 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hope everyone who has returned to school are having a great start to the year and those still on summer break (me!) are enjoying these last few weeks!

I am starting to think about back to school. At my school, the kids start on Tuesday and we have back to school night (parents only) on Wednesday evening. I was thinking about making an iMovie with my students on Tuesday and Wednesday to show the parents to start off back to school night. I was thinking of doing a mix of pictures and videos, but I'm drawing a blank of what to include in the video. I was thinking a picture of each student maybe holding a mini chalkboard with their goal for the year written on it ... video at recess ...

I would LOVE any ideas or suggestions - thank you!

toto24

I-Movie
Old 08-12-2014, 09:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I would tape the kids in the normal routine of school. When they go to a special or recess or even in the lunchroom. Interview certain kids asking how their day is going etc.

jennmsu93

i do this ...
Old 08-12-2014, 05:31 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

but our back to school night is a few weeks after the first day of school so I have time. I tape the kids explaining their classroom routines or things that they are learning in class. We brainstorm as a class the topics to include in the video and then I let them choose one and write a quick script. I started doing a movie a few years ago and the parents loved it!

mel1012

Old 08-13-2014, 05:59 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Thanks for the ideas! I wish our back to school night was a little later in September instead of the 2nd day of school!