Help

ARCHIVE

chair pockets from pillow slips?

>

Jen

chair pockets from pillow slips?
Old 10-21-2005, 01:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Has anyone made chair back pockets from pillow cases/slips? Any ideas or suggestions? I am thinking of making some.
thanks,
Jen

psc

Old 10-21-2005, 02:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I have and love them. I would use pillowcases that are a dark or patterned material so if they get any stains, it will be less noticable. You fold the pillowcase up inside of itself lengthwise and sew the side seams to keep it in that position. It's very easy and a good solution for storage of notebooks.
Silvana

Silvana

chair pockets
Old 10-26-2005, 08:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

How do you attach the pillowcases to the chair?

Jen

chair pockets
Old 10-27-2005, 01:31 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I haven't made mine yet but the idea is that there are two pockets one slips over the chair back, and the other is right there for the books, etc.
I'm waiting to find out if I have been hired for the rest of the year. I am on a long term sub in K. If if get to stay I will start making the chair pockets.
Meredith

Meredith

chair pockets
Old 05-18-2006, 01:48 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Did anyone successfully make the chair pockets. I am wanting to make them for my classroom. I don't want to spend store prices. Any suggestions?

Glenda

Glenda

Old 06-06-2006, 11:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

The pillow case slides over the back of the chair, but my friend added string ties so they wouldn't come off when the students stood up.

rubywater

Old 07-12-2006, 06:50 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Does anyone have directions on how to make these?

Thanks,

e.

KellyTeachTX

Chair Pockets
Old 07-12-2006, 07:26 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I made mine 14 years ago, and their STILL a hit.

Here's how I made mine.

I had the kids bring in old blue jeans that their parents didn't want any longer...(or I collected from my family)
I cut the legs off just below the crotch, and sewed it all the way across to make a pocket. If you wanted to, you could use extra denim from the cut-off material to extend the depth of the pocket.

THEN, cut the SEAM out of both legs and loop it thru the side belt loops, then tied it to the chairs.

I decorated mine with puff fabric paint and iron on fabric with school decorations.

They turned out SO cute, and all the teachers (especially 14 years ago) were wondering HOW in the world I made all of them.

They Lasted for YEARS!!! You might enlist someone to help you sew them because it DOES take some time. I had a teacher-friend's mom help make my last set. She whipped them out in NO TIME because she was home all day, and LOVED doing it. SHe'd also decorate them for me.

We ended up doing some for girls (flowers, Bratz, etc) and different ones for boys (sports, Spongbob,etc.)

Good Luck!

mrssimon2gr

Kelly Teach TX
Old 07-12-2006, 09:16 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

Ok, first pardon me for being thick but I am so doggone visual...I think this sounds like such a great durable idea and I desperately want to do it but ...to use the words of my kids...I don't get it. I understand the sewing the bottom of the legs...then, well...help.
I love denim....please explain this or...do you have a picture I could see?

Kym

pamnpr

Rubywater
Old 07-12-2006, 09:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Hi, I will attach a copy of instructions how to make the chair pockets. A parent in my class made them for us last year. They were great. I brought them home over the summer to wash and will use them again this year. "SMILE"

Attached Files
File Type: doc chairpockets.doc (33.5 KB, 1666 views)
Helena2000

Helena2000

mom
Old 07-09-2007, 04:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

I could not open your attachment. I would be interested if I could get it somehow. Thanks.

iluv3rd

I made them from pillow cases...
Old 07-09-2007, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Each child brought in an old pillow case (saved money... didn't look great). As I recall...
  • Turn the pillow case inside out
  • Fold the opening down to meet the bottom of the case
  • Stitch from the bottom up to make the correct width of the case
  • Add a line of reinforcement stitching across the folded edge at the top
  • Turn right-side out and slide one opening over the chair top so that the other opening faces out for storage.
These have lasted 4 years... no rips or tears. And they were free! They are also washable.

I am looking into purchasing some denim ones because I have some money from the PTO at my new school. I am ordering a sample to see if it will hold up as well as the pillow cases. Here's the email address of the person making the demin ones: humptydumptytoo@yahoo.com
REBECCACLARK

REBECCACLARK

Seat Sacks Chairbacks Over The Chair Storage
Old 07-15-2007, 02:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

There Are So Beautifully Crafted Ones Listed On Ebay. Bold Colors Etc. Chairbacks I Think Its Listed As.

TeachingPhun

TeachingPhun

Chair Pockets
Old 09-05-2007, 07:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I have a connection to get chair pockets - they are made out of backpack material - for only $5.25 each!
Email me if interested.. cavern25@hotmail.com

cavern

cavern

chair pockets
Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

I have some chair pockets that I have never used and would love to sell them for CHEAP! Let me know if you are interested in any!
cavern25@hotmail.com

simon

simon

chair pockets
Old 06-02-2008, 02:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

Are your chair pockets still for sale???

Beth1589

Beth1589

Chair Pockets For Sale
Old 09-01-2008, 01:04 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

Melanaj2003@yahoo.com has a company called tapestryandroses. these chair pockets are durable and I bought mine on ebay from Tapestry. The ebay id is melanaj8pb2. Write them and check but I think they have catalogs out now and they sell for around $3.75 or 4.50 each.

renee59687

renee59687

Chair Pockets For Sale
Old 09-01-2008, 01:08 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

melanaj2003@yahoo.com or ebay id melanaj8pb2. Write them for denim chair pockets. The price is well worth what Tapestryandroses makes. Shes the best in the business and sells wholesale to teachers. They are $3.50-$4.00 I think for the basic one pocket but they have them all the way up to 7 pocket. Durable!

robbie495867

robbie495867

$3.50 for chair pockets made of heavy denim
Old 09-01-2008, 01:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #19

3.50 each on ebay from melanaj8pb2. melanaj2003@yahoo.com. they have a company called tapestryandroses and you can not make them in that quality for what they sell them for. Its a wholesale company to teachers. Good luck