Help

The VENT

Windows

>

Tiffany

Windows
Old 08-27-2018, 01:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am so irritated. Our building has been undergoing a major construction project. I was excited because we got new windows. Our old windows tip out and really didnít allow for good air circulation. We donít have AC in our building so in the fall and late spring, our rooms can get quite hot. Today I learned that only 2 of the 5 windows open and they are only providing a screen for one window. The other window is considered a rescue window and will not have a screen. So if I want to cool down my room, I will have to open my window without a screen, letting in flies, bees, etc. Seriously, I think that the person who decided to save money by cutting our opening windows down to 2 (but really 1) should have to come down to my room and teach 18 sweaty bodies on the hottest day of the year.

TeacherPK6

Old 08-27-2018, 02:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

That stinks. Our school's windows do not open at all! But we do have AC so the rooms do not really get hot. I can't imagine being all stuffed up with no AV (as it sounds like your school is).

roo

Old 08-27-2018, 02:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I think anyone who designs something like that should have to spend some days in that environment. Absolutely ridiculous! I sympathize. Our school was designed for AC but they decided it was too expensive after all, so we don't have AC. It also means we have few small windows and they crank open which blocks most of the air. It's like teaching in a sauna!
AlwaysSummer

AlwaysSummer

Old 08-27-2018, 03:56 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I'm guessing a student did something or broke them in the past.

Tiffany

AlwaysSummer
Old 08-27-2018, 06:22 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Iím not sure what youíre implying with a student breaking something. The decision to cut us down to two windows was financial. Now there is extra money to do the superintendentís project.

sbslab

Old 08-28-2018, 03:10 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

I hesitate to suggest this, but there are adjustable window screens that you could use to keep out bugs. My school is old, it gets really hot in my room. My screens on the windows closest to my desk & podium are full of holes. They’ve been that way for ten years, two teachers ago. I put it on fix/repair list, as did teacher before me, every year. I finally bought two screens like those in the link. I only hesitate to suggest this because I’m sure it would be your money, not the school’s. I did NOT pay anywhere near the price in the link in, so shop around if you decide to do this.
https://www.metroscreenworks.com/18-...RoCdtgQAvD_BwE

jov

Old 08-29-2018, 05:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

Great idea sbslab! I found some really cheap ones at Home Depot...

https://www.homedepot.com/s/portable...0screen?NCNI-5