Help

First Grade

Parent Folder

>

ms.abc

Parent Folder
Old 04-08-2010, 11:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello Iím back with one of my ďsillyĒ questions! Lol Ok ,so my school is having this meet your childís future Teacher breakfast this weekend and I have no idea what I should include in their packet/folders. So far I have my class daily schedule, classroom behavior policy and thatís it! You canít have a packet with just two sheets, or can you! Lol As always any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks In Advance!

esl

Old 04-09-2010, 01:51 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

you don't want to overwhelm them with too much, but do let them know what you absolutely need them to know ahead of time. Supplies needed, especially if you want a particular type of binder etc ; birthday celebrations if applicable ; homework policies; parent volunteer policy.

teacherski

Here's what I include
Old 04-09-2010, 05:25 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

In my parent welcome folders:

very brief curriculum review - I just list the subject with a few bullet points
homework & discipline policies
getting to know you survey - for parents to tell me what they want me know about their kids
class directory form - this has been a wonderful resource for parents & has eliminated the whole birthday party invitation issue & really helps parents with p lay dates/etc.
I put a blank form with child's name, parents' name, phone number, address, email address
I explain that it is optional, but if they choose to complete the form it will be included in our class directory which will be distributed to each student
a list of multi-sensory strategies for practicing sight words
list of comprehension questions parents can use for having book talks with their kids
volunteer sign-up

Milyn

tell me about yourself
Old 04-10-2010, 05:38 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I have a form that I give my families and ask them to complete it. It really helps me to get to know the child and family. Most people return it.

I too have my schedule and the rules and a supply list of things needed.

I usually give them some articles that they might find interesting, such as what your child's teacher needs to know about your child. OR about watching TV. I can't post these because of the copyright laws, but if you search the Scholastics website (not the book site) you will find all kinds of articles that are great handouts.
Attached Files
File Type: doc PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF and YOUR CHILD.doc (55.0 KB, 96 views)

tcb365

Old 04-10-2010, 06:12 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Here's what I'm working on for mine "Parent Packet" next year:

Daily Schedule
School Supply List
Parent Packet - classroom policies, rules, consequences, etc.
Student Information Sheet & Email request
Letter to Parents
Volunteer Request
Star Binder Information (though this will probably be sent home a few days later)

And I'm since I saw it, I'm seriously considering the classroom directory idea from a previous post.

Teacherski: I would really like to see the directory form you use, if you can attach it!

I also like the curriculum preview idea , but I normally just sent home that information week by week in the newsletter.

teacherski

I don't have enough posts for attachments
Old 04-11-2010, 11:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

But I'm working on it! Will attach or start new thread once I reach the magic number