Help

ARCHIVE

overhead projector

>

Jen

overhead projector
Old 11-27-2005, 01:32 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have a super projector but no screen. The whiteboard reflects and the walls are not much good either. Any suggestions? Is there a paper I could tape onto the whiteboards. I may look for a projector at a thrift store or garage sale. I'd like to use the projector once in while.

Do you use one and what for?

Thanks for all your ideas.

K/1 Teacher

projector
Old 11-27-2005, 04:36 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I don't use one, but in years past when I had one, I taped up plain old white butcher paper, the nice art paper that we use for bulletin boards. I projected it on that. Other years I projected it onto our window shade. It depends on what you have in your classroom. I have used it in the past to project poems for shared reading, and I taught the kids to use it. It became a center. I had transparencies of all the poems and they loved projecting them and reading them.
mrsed

mrsed

overhead center
Old 12-16-2005, 08:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I have used mine to review song poems we've done or to make words with magnet letters. I've also taken old cut and paste worksheets and turned them into transparencies. Once the pieces are cut, it makes a game to put together. Use overhead word tiles to create sentences or to sort words by # of syllables, # of letters, vowel sounds, word endings (ed, ing, s), type of word (contractions or not, nouns and verbs, word families). I've also used it for editing practice (capitalization and punctuation, etc) and the kids like to come up to the overhead to be the teacher and write the corrected sentence.

room2

room2

screen for overhead projector
Old 12-16-2005, 08:29 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

A 2nd grade teacher at my school installed a window shade over her chalk board. She just pulls it down when needed.