Help

BusyBoard

My principal is losing it.

>

letsgomets

My principal is losing it.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Our principal fluctuates between being completely indecisive and steam-rolling depending on the issue. She got an idea in her head, and now we continue to suffer the consequences. (Long story). At any rate, our teacher's lounge relocated to the classroom next to mine. We are in an older building with electrical issues. We were having a problem when the teacher next to me and I use our "technology" (several computers and a tv hooked up to a computer) and someone ran the microwave (on the same circuit.) It threw the circuit breaker. (Right in the middle of the lessons we were doing using said technology.)

This time it was the principal using the microwave and she doesn't understand why this doesn't happen at lunchtime. Um hello? We aren't using the equipment during lunch. Then she proceeds to get bent out of shape (at me) for using the equipment in our rooms.

She wanted us to MOVE 7 computers (thereby eliminating access to internet and school network) so she could run the MICROWAVE!!!
WTF?!?!? Move the microwave!! She's only been out of the classroom for 5 years and she's becoming a worse principal each year. She kept telling the custodian he was going to have to move the computers. I went behind her back and told him to move the microwave. Did I do a bad thing? Did I undermine her authority?

Any advice for dealing with someone who is becoming clueless? Her growing ineptitude is starting to affect the faculty.

teachjam

Old 10-05-2010, 05:20 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I'm with you. Move the microwave. Go to you union rep. File a grievance. She is interferring with learning. Unbelievable.

letsgomets

Ironic.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:21 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I AM the union rep. I've already spoken with the union about her. If she gets any worse, I'm supposed to let them know.

shelliebean

Old 10-06-2010, 01:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Let them know. It won't get better, only worse if she is so unreasonable.
I feel for you I am in a similar situation.
Good Luck

Rm. 802

Hello ---
Old 10-06-2010, 05:13 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

Maybe she could put a microwave in her office if it's that darn important. I feel your pain ---but find it amusing what some think should be going on.

cotton4

Microwave
Old 10-06-2010, 08:07 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Microwaves are 40 bucks at Walmart. I would buy her one and plug it in her office... It would be worth the money for me. What an idiot!

acorngirl

Tell your parents...
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

that you have to move the 7 computers OUT of the room for the microwave next door. THEN let THEM get all bent out of shape about it because their kids won't have access to technology, etc anymore. When they beat down your door, direct them to the principal and say it was "an administrative decision" and "out of" your hands.

It's kinda backhanded but what principal would DARE to do that to a set of kids when the parents start complaining?

I know in MY district, the parents hold a LOT more weight than the teachers/administrators/other officials.

letsgomets

Update
Old 10-06-2010, 04:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

The custodian moved the microwave - I'm not sure she's really even noticed. If she did she didn't say anything further.

This is a private school, so you never know exactly how things are going to fall. The parents usually have the power, but the pastor has the final say. I don't think he realizes how out of touch she has become.

I had to go in her office the other day, I noticed that she now has a refrigerator and a coffee machine in her office. (The teacher's room used to be next to her office.) If we bought her a microwave, maybe she'd just stay in her office all the time.

Thanks for the support. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't out of line.