Help

TEACHERS' LOUNGE ARCHIVE

have you had a tree removed?

>

MrsCroak

have you had a tree removed?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:52 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We need to have a tree removed from our yard. It is a low-growing tree that has a small trunk and the branches start pretty low to the ground. I googled for a similar tree, and this tree is similar in size: http://steveshelpers.com/yahoo_site_...211333_std.JPG

Anyway, if you've had a tree removed, can you tell me what you paid for the job? I'm going to get estimates, but have no clue what to expect.

I want them to take down the tree, remove the stump, and take the lumber with them/grind it and take it away.

Thanks!

kerrysgirl

Tree services
Old 07-25-2012, 11:27 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

We had one about that size cut down...The tree was removed and the stump was cut to ground level. We paid about $150.

funkster

Old 07-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

have had several taken down over the past few years, and each cost well over $150 and we didn't always have stump removed and never had lumber taken away.

feelinmappy

Old 07-25-2012, 12:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

We have had huge trees removed, to the tune of over $1500....the tree service has included taking out much smaller trees with that. So, I'm not really sure what just a small one would cost.

I would get at least three estimates. Make sure they are bonded and insured, get and check references, check with the BBB in your area. A neighbor got burned by a company that offered a low price, it was a nightmare.

angelajw

Tree
Old 07-25-2012, 12:45 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

We had a 150 pine tree removed after a huricane took most of the branches. It cost $300 and they did not grind the stump. It was in the middle of the yard so we were able to burn the stump in place.

freckleface

Tree
Old 07-25-2012, 02:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We had a tree taken down and it was big. They had to block the street for awhile and then they took it down, ground down the stump and cleaned up the mess. It cost $1000, but it was worth it as it was dying and could've fallen on the house.

Crazy3

Tree removal
Old 07-25-2012, 02:42 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

We had a huge elm removed from our side yard. So sad as it was the only tree on our lot left when we built our house and was probably over 75 years old. We built on an old farm area. We had asked the builders to make sure they did not hurt the tree as all the others had to be taken out. It died 15 years later due to disease and had to come out. Tree cut down, removed, chipped, stump removed, roots removed as much as possible, and everything left nice and tidy. $350 Bargain in my mind.

klperry

tree
Old 07-25-2012, 07:19 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

We had a HUGE evergreen cut down and I think it was $600 and they left a stump. We had some other service solicit and offer to grind down the stump for another $65. We had priced tree cutting services in this area over a year ago, and they were outrageous, so we put it on the back burner. Then, when some neighbor in the area was having a tree service do work, the guy went door to door in our neighborhood and offered us a way lower price. These services usually get called to a neighborhood and then solicit door to door on the block and usually offer a way lower price if you can schedule the removal while they are in the neighborhood, usually the next day.

Ima Teacher

Old 07-25-2012, 07:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I had a large cedar tree removed in the spring. I'm not sure how tall it was, but it was about three times as tall as my one-story house. They cut the tree, removed the brush & stump, filled in the hole from the stump, and planted grass. I paid $600.

NCteacher

Old 07-25-2012, 07:28 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Next Tuesday, we are having 2 trees taken out, stumps ground and lumber mulched ( not for use). They are taking 11 bushes removed and 3 trees trimmed and topped. Total cost, $600.