Help

Future Teachers

Western Governorís University

>

BlessedbyKids

Western Governorís University
Old 11-05-2019, 05:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am currently attending a junior college with plans to transfer to a university for elementary education. I was recently recommended to check out WGU for their teaching program. I talked to an advisor today and am impressed with how they work. I am curious if anyone has heard of this program?

BlessedbyKids is offline   Reply With Quote

Cinderella00

Wgu
Old 11-08-2019, 01:07 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I got my Master's degree through WGU. You work independently at your own pace, and you have an advisor who contacts you constantly. Required weekly phone calls, and sometimes more often. If you're motivated you can finish quickly and save money.
If you're not motivated, it can take you a LONG time and cost much more.

I know many teachers who have received their Bachelors through WGU. I'd recommend it if you're looking to get your degree online. I still feel in person classes give you a deeper understanding on some topics, but I also hated the down time in-person classes required. Drive there, breaks, those people in your class who have to talk about off topic subjects, professors who go off on tangents that are not relevant....

Yep, online for me from now on.
Cinderella00 is offline   Reply With Quote

BlessedbyKids

Old 11-08-2019, 07:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

The only real concern I have is the fact that I will be certified to teach in Utah initially and then will have to go through the process of credentialing through Texas, which is where I live. I thought that was a little strange. I did talk to TEA regarding the credentialing process and they assured me people do this all the time. I am still looking at reviews and trying to figure out if this will be the best idea for me. I am definitely leaning towards it. I am very self motivated and committed so I think I will do well with their program.
BlessedbyKids is offline   Reply With Quote