Help

Retired Teachers

One thing at a time...

>

amiga13

One thing at a time...
Old 11-12-2019, 05:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Being able to do one thing at a time might be my very favorite thing about retirement.

I think, as teachers, we were all good at multitasking and prioritizing. But what a pleasure to slow down and appreciate life. I love making last-minute decisionsónot having to plan everything. I love being able to take care of something when I notice it. I love feeling calm.

What about you?

amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

timeforbed

retirement
Old 11-12-2019, 07:46 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I stayed up most of the night just playing on the computer, reading, watching tv, a little cleaning, snacking, watching the snow fall outside, and feeling content. I must have fallen asleep around 5, still dark. But when I woke up and glanced out the window, I could see that it was a very dark day, and looked like it was sleeting outside. And it was getting a bit darker and so I wondered if a storm was coming in. I mentioned it to my son who came in to visit with me. He got an odd questioning look on his face. "Ummm... It gets a lot darker earlier up here" meaning didn't I remember we had just talked yesterday about how short the days were in Maine.

Apparently, it was 4 in the afternoon before I had woken up. I basically slept all day. Geez...I'm such a night owl. But this works well with retirement, so I'm all good.
timeforbed is offline   Reply With Quote

ZipLine

Old 11-13-2019, 05:30 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Quote:
But what a pleasure to slow down and appreciate life.
Definitely!

I think my favorite thing is the flexibility of retirement each and every day to do what I want and when I want. No one determines my schedule or what goes on my calendar but me. I am active in my retired teacher group and head up my neighborhood HOA, both of which I enjoy, and I still have flexibility when I choose to work on the responsibilities that come with those positions.
ZipLine is online now   Reply With Quote

LaFish

Sleep
Old 11-14-2019, 04:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I discovered that I sleep so soundly now. I donít wake up at 2am.
LaFish is offline   Reply With Quote