Help

The VENT

Finding jobs is stressful

>

hikinghiker

Finding jobs is stressful
Old 11-17-2019, 11:49 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have had an eye twitch for the past two weeks that won't go away, I've been surviving off melatonin to fall asleep, and I'm soooooo ready for this to be over.

As a brief overview in case you haven't been monitoring my awful career choices:

- Principal found out I was applying to other jobs and scolded me for half an hour

- went to an interview, thought it was okay, and signed a document saying that I was accepting their recommendation for hire and wouldn't job search any longer. If I continued to job search, my application would be pulled from the district and I wouldn't be apply to apply for a year. Kinda a big deal, considering the next district is over an hour away. And after that, the next closest district is over 6 hours away. And I bought a house, so I can't exactly move.

- Had an interview the next morning, loved it, accepting their verbal offer, and ended up emailing the first school and saying that I wasn't interested anymore and to please disregard the paper. No responses yet. Really hoping the first schools doesn't hold me to the signed paper.

- Have another interview next week in the before-mentioned other district, just in case I get banned form applying to the first district. Cover all bases, right?

- annndddd I need to tell my P that I'm resigning and will not be returning after Christmas break.

Questions: I need to give 30 days notice per my contract. Do holiday's count? For example, could I say that my last day will be January 5th? (we return to school on January 6th) Will I still get paid over that holiday period?

hikinghiker is offline   Reply With Quote

MissESL

New Job
Old 11-18-2019, 04:41 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Assume it is calendar days so you donít get in trouble. All that does is give them MORE notice and youíre leaving anyway, so it doesnít hurt you!

Good luck with your new job. It looks like youíre in high demand and Iím sure it will be a better experience!
MissESL is online now   Reply With Quote

marguerite2

Old 11-18-2019, 06:50 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Teachers are usually paid for contract days and there is no consideration of holidays or vacations. No matter when the official resignation date is, you should be paid for all of the contract days you worked. Your last check may be smaller or larger depending on the number of weeks over which the district at your yearly salary.
marguerite2 is offline   Reply With Quote