Help

Bulletin Boards & Classroom Themes

Rock 'n Roll theme...Please Help

>

Sci5855

Rock 'n Roll theme...Please Help
Old 08-16-2008, 08:04 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I just found out that my school is doing a Rock 'n Roll theme this year. I am a first year teacher and would love to incorporate it into my room. I need help with ways to decorate my door and the hallway outside my classroom. Also titles for my bulletin board. I really want to make a good impression. Thank you

Sci5855 is offline   Reply With Quote

texasgrandma

rock and roll theme
Old 08-16-2008, 08:29 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

My co worker hangs cds from the ceiling on fishing line and they look like mini records then she has a rock and roll bulletin board and on the meet the teacher night she plays rock and roll music.
texasgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote

rlygr8

Kindergarten Rocks
Old 08-16-2008, 09:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Kindergarten Rocks is my theme this year. My outside BB will say Kindergarten Rocks Welcome to Kindergarten Where everyone is a star. I got cd die-cuts and will put a picture of each child on the cd and hang them up around a paper jukebox that I got at a party store. Hall of fame wall. Greatest hits. You could have your student of the day - be the rock star of the day. Here's a website with a newsletter templete and other ideas. have fun!!

www.teachersclubhouse.com
rlygr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

teach2heart

Rock N Roll Ideas
Old 08-17-2008, 10:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

I am doing rock n roll this year too! If you go on Beth Newingham's website, she has a ton of ideas. On my outside board I am doing "Meet the contestants of (my last name) Idol. Then I have a rock and roll picture of each of the students. On the door, I have a juke box and cd's with the kid's names that say Miss _________ Greatest Hits! On my window, it says "Welcome to a Record Breaking Year" and I have a record and mini records that say what we will be learning. Those are just the outside boards. Each of my inside boards is done with that theme too. I can give you those too if you want them. I found a lot of decorations at Party City that I used. Hope some of this helps!
teach2heart is offline   Reply With Quote

rlygr8

I too
Old 08-17-2008, 09:01 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I too am doing the kindergarten rocks theme. love your Mrs. ____ Greatest Hits. What are some other ideas you will do inside? thanks.

p.s. it is great to finally find someone else who is doing this theme.

rlygr8 is offline   Reply With Quote

iluv3rd

Me, too!
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Third Grade Rocks! is my theme...

Hallway: Meet the Stars of Rockin' Room 110
Door: Welcome... This Year's Featured Artists (real cds with kids names on them)
Calendar Board: We're Rockin' Our Way Through Calendar Math
Info Board: Billboard... The Place to Get the Latest Music News
Word Wall Icons: Used the American Idol icon and added letters on each (A, B, etc.)

Can't come up with a lunch count slogan or literacy caption (last year I used Setting the Stage for Literacy for Hollywood theme...)

Love the "Welcome to a Record Breaking Year" and "Mrs. ___ Greatest Hits!."

teach2heart... PLEASE share more. My brain in on overload!

Last edited by iluv3rd; 08-18-2008 at 09:05 AM..
iluv3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

teach2heart

More Rock N Roll Ideas
Old 08-18-2008, 03:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

My Message Board for the students says, "Tune in to Station L.E.A.R.N."
My Math Board says "You are on the Right Key with Math." I have a keyboard and music notes.
My Writing Board says, "Grammy Winning Writing" and I have each of the six traits on a note.
My Job Board is Rockin Responsibility. I put the kids' American Idol pictures on a library pocket. Then I put my jobs on music notes to go inside the pockets. On the stem I put the job title. On the oval part, I put the details of their jobs.
My Birthday Board is "A Star Was Born On.."
My Social Studies board is "Rock Tour" (we study different locations throughout the year)
My Reading Board is "Reading Tops the Charts." I drew an IPod. For the titles on my iPod, I put the different reading genres.
I hope these help you out! I struggled to find a lot on the Rock N Roll theme. Anybody else doing Rock N Roll, please share:-)
teach2heart is offline   Reply With Quote

Speced9

Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I made a bulletin board once that said, "Our Class is Tuned Into...."
then had signs with each subject on it. I guess you could use it for any kind of board.... tuned into math.....tuned into reading etc.

I found some nice clip art images on the Word clip art site of kids with guitars, microphones, boomboxes etc. I think I found them by searching under "music". Here's the url for Word Clip Art search:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/default.aspx

Attached is how I put each student's name on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andrew.jpg (105.6 KB, 630 views)
Speced9 is offline   Reply With Quote

iluv3rd

Speced9...
Old 08-18-2008, 04:02 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I keep trying to download cute clipart from the microsoft site and didn't find either of the cuties you used in your sample. Any suggestions how to located?

teach2heart: Awesome ideas! I plan to "borrow" several... Thanks so much for sharing.
iluv3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sci5855

Old 08-18-2008, 05:53 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

I love this website! Everyone is so helpful and amazing!!!I came home really stressed after my first day of setting up my classroom for my 1st year of teaching to find wonderful posts from PT. Thank you so much for your help!!! You have brightened up my day

Sci5855 is offline   Reply With Quote

lwiggins

Oriental Trading
Old 07-14-2009, 04:03 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #11

has a few cute things. I like the blow up guitars. I was thinking of using them on my door and putting "____ grade ROCKS! " Or "Mrs. ____ class Rocks!" Along with using pictures of the kiddos. I bought some cute bb stuff by frog street press. I'll try to find a link. Hopefully it will all tie in.

http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/se...URI=searchMain
lwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote

lwiggins

Old 07-14-2009, 04:05 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

Here's the Frog Street Press design I plan on using along with the pink and green guitars.

http://www.fsp3.com/scripts/SearchRe...InfoDesc=zebra
lwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
bzyivy

bzyivy

Rock n Roll theme in my 3rd grade class
Old 08-09-2009, 07:11 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #13

I too have decided to do the Rock n Roll theme this year. I would love more Bulletin board suggestions you might share with me for writing , word wall, social studies...For science Im doing Science Rocks and starting with the rock and mineral chapter...I hope to hear from you soon as my year begins on Wed. Thanks,
Ivy SOffin
3rd grade classrom
Boca Raton Florida
leslie

leslie

rock and roll
Old 08-14-2009, 09:13 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

Our theme is also rock and roll. I stole a lot of ideas from Beth Newingham's website as well. It is totally awesome! I have a hallway bulletin board and I put "These kids ROCK!" I used silver sequins fabric for the buletin board and I made posterboard guitars that are all sorts of colors. I used a clipart image to look at while I drew the guitar on the posterboard. A teacher friend of mine made a reading corner that is secluded and put a sign saying "Backstage Passes Only." All these sayings are done in glitter. All of my boards in my classroom also have sequins fabric as the background. The word wall will say :Take Note of these words. I have gotten some other ideas from this blog spot so thanks everyone. Good luck!

scrapbooking

birthday board
Old 05-25-2010, 03:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #15

Hi! I love your ideas for your room. I'm doing a rock and roll theme for preschoolers this upcoming school year and wondering how you did your birthday board and welcome baord.
scrapbooking is offline   Reply With Quote
TeacherMa'am

TeacherMa'am

preschool rock star(t)s classroom
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I did a rock star classroom two years ago and decided to return to it after last year's feel just wasn't as fun!
So here's what I did two years ago.
I took a picture of a real ipod and turned it into clip art... just by playing with it in a photo program.
I deleted the word MENU out of the picure and replaced it with Ms. _____'s Class I then printed them on white paper and hand colored them with bright markers. I used bright colors.
These were my chair tags.
For cubby tags, I found some guitars (by googling "Electric Guitar Clip Art") and copied them onto the same bright colors that I used for my ipods. (Lime Green, turqoise, bright pink...)
My helper chart said "Rockin' Responsibilities" and my birthday chart was "Bilboard Birthdays" where I used a huge piece of butcher paper and drew a chart. I used the font matching the Bilboard's font at the top. The parents loved it and we this also encouraged my class to be interested in charts, maps etc.
I had a "Recording Studio" where my students could play on an old keyboard (they loved this!) where they would type out stories and songs. They also could record their stories on a tape player. I'm trying to find a more modern way of doing this. But this was a kid friendly way. So we may do that again.
I used posters of musical instruments that I found on sale.
I found some buletin board kits this year (that I so could have used before!) that will add some pizazz to my room. I'm looking forward to a fun rocking year!