Help

New Teachers

Mentor teacher retiring - job?

>

NHSecondary

Mentor teacher retiring - job?
Old 05-17-2019, 04:17 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So, I student taught last semester (2018 school year.) I was terrible at it but passed. Anxiety etc.... I just heard through Facebook from a student's mom that he is retiring. He taught a group of students that were lower level learners entering 9th grade history. I actually did fairly well in that class teaching it. It was the honors class that was way over my head. Anyway, he did send me a good reference letter. But that parent mentioned that the high school is now getting rid of the Team 1 program because two of the teachers are retiring. Crazy idea that I had was should I contact the Vice Principle (who assigned me to my mentor teachers) and inquire about the program and teaching it? I would hate to see that program cancelled, it helps so many kids.

NHSecondary is offline   Reply With Quote

NJ Teacher

I would apply...
Old 06-19-2019, 09:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

You have nothing to lose by applying. if you get an interview, I would be prepared to play up your strengths that would apply to other classes within your certification, just in case they do decide to abandon Team 1 .I would also be prepared to explain how you would differentiate your program if those students were integrated into a regular program. Good luck.
NJ Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote