Help

Primary Grades (K-2)

ideas for vocabulary

>

emgirl

ideas for vocabulary
Old 09-19-2019, 08:17 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been doing Rooted in Reading by Amy Lemons and I love it except for the vocabulary. This is my 3rd year doing RIR and maybe I'm just bored but I would love some ideas for teaching vocabulary. Right now they are learning the word and then writing the definition, sorting the words to the definition. Is there any hands on ideas anyone has? This year we are also in more of a time crunch so quick, and fun would be a bonus!
Thanks!

emgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

imcrazedw4

Old 09-22-2019, 08:14 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I assign a google slide template to google classroom to each table group (which happens to be the same number of vocab words we have each week). I got the idea from the book, Google Classroom for Littles. The kids google a picture then have to write a descriptive sentence about that picture using the vocab word. Once they get the hang of it, it doesn't take too long.

I also have a fist bump poster near my door. I change out the vocab word of the day and as the kids are leaving the classroom they have to fist bump the fist on the poster and say the vocab word in a sentence. I have a really low class this year, so it's been hard for some of them, but at least they're hearing other kids as we walk out the door.
imcrazedw4 is offline   Reply With Quote

emgirl

Oh thank you!
Old 09-23-2019, 04:18 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

I will try google classroom! I was thinking about that today but didnít know what I could have them do!
emgirl is offline   Reply With Quote